Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Moonwave
Adept I

Ryzen 7900x iGPU no boost, stuck at 600MHz

Hello AMD community!

I have a Ryzen 9 7900x, the cores run fine with default DDR5 4800MHz or with the pre-defined EXPO 6000MHz profile on an Asrock x670e Steel Legend Mobo.

However, the iGPU does not perform as expected. HWiNFO reads always 600MHz Effective GPU Clock at idle or at 100% utilization during 3D Mark Time Spy (GPU score ~240 with max 1.5 fps, CPU test has ~25fps) or PassMark 3D Graphic Mark (GPU score 2.2, here too no CPU rendering issue). 3D Mark reads 0MHz GPU clock speed.

I have the latest Mobo drivers, AMD VGA Drivers installed on windows 10. I cleared the cmos to force memory training. I even re-seated the CPU.

It would be great, if you could give some advice.

Edit:

System configuration:

Bios version 1.09

Gskill 32GB kit: F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5N

The memory kit should work well as the RGB version F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5NR is in QVL list for the motherboard. For the non-RGB the mobo is in QVL of Gskill website.

1 Solution
Moonwave
Adept I

This issue is solved in bios version 1.11 for Asrock x670e Steel Legend.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Walkalone
Journeyman III

Yes i have same issues on Ryzen 7 7700X iGPU with Asrock X670E Steel Legend. Hope AMD take action ASAP currently issues.

I like the fact that I am not alone with this issue!

MADZyren
Paragon

I could be very wrong, but it is as if I read something somewhere, IGP in Ryzen really doesn't like... Uh... was it overclocking of CPU or memory or something. Of course can well simply be an early adopter thing and be fixed soon.

EDIT: maybe it was high IF clock

0 Likes
Walkalone
Journeyman III

I did not OC my CPU but using default clock. Just now, i tried to downgrade my bios to older version ( 1.01 ) and it work fine as expected. now the iGPU is running fast and clock itself to 2200mhz.

Below i attach the link of the bios:

https://download.asrock.com/BIOS/AM5/X670E%20Steel%20Legend(1.01)ROM.zip

Nice catch on the BIOS version issue.

Great job!

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

I can confirm only bios version 1.01 does not have the iGPU issue with the default settings.

We cannot say it is ASRock or AMD fault, but they certainly have to work harder on those firmwares.

I will compare the default settings on these bios versions, to see if it has anything to do with it.

I'm not certain how Asrock does BIOS upgrades.  When MSI and ASUS sends out a BIOS upgrade it is likely that it is the previous version with new coding for new games, hardware and perhaps other issues that have been posted.  

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
Moonwave
Adept I

This issue is solved in bios version 1.11 for Asrock x670e Steel Legend.