cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Davidbn
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7800x3d

I just got my pc got that cpu and ak620 deepcool cpu cooler, playing warzone it gets a lil loud and js like 75 c is that ok? I plan to play for a long period of time and idk how bad it is to the pc, and if theres a way to get it cooler?

also my idle is like 60 c 

0 Likes
8 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, gaming with 75C is super super fine but the idle temps seems a bit harsh.

Have you tuned the pump speed to a higher value?

There is no point on having the fans speed up like a mini tornado inside the computer if the pump doesn't send the liquid to the radiator fast enough.

Scratch that, I only search for it afterwards and its an air cooler. Those temps seem OK for the cooler in question.
I'm not super used to Deepcool fans but from the picture, they don't seem Static Pressure oriented fans.

Example:
on the left a Static Pressure fan, specially made for radiators, inlcuded in the RoG Ryujin AIO
on the right an Airflow fan made to move lots of air in an unrestrained location, like front or exhaust of the case

johnnyenglish_0-1708949627812.png

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

So idk what i did but nothing turned on no chrome, idle is like 50, but getting more fans would that cool cpu a lil or is it puerly cpu cooler

0 Likes

I think you are OK, no point in changing anything.

Sometimes the idle is not completely idle, could be a Windows Update hidden on the background pushing the CPU temps up.

The Englishman
0 Likes

If i did want to try cooling it he cpu is it all cpu cooler or extra fans will help? I think i only have 2 fans and a cpu cooler rn

0 Likes

In this case, the simpler, the better, look at this example:

2x140mm or 3x120mm fans on the front to bring in the fresh air.
The CPU Cooler and an exhaust on the back. to push the hot air from your CPU cooler out.
You can put a top fan but I think it only helps like a 1C or 2C at most.

Thats it. Lots of fans or a bad placement only leads to turbulence inside the case.

A good airflow friendly case will do wonders, a glass front won't let the air go thru

Example:

johnnyenglish_0-1708967986630.png

BTW: Curve Optimizer can help with temps and add a bit of performance.

; - )

The Englishman
0 Likes

Any chance u can help me with curve optimizer? Also i think this is how my fan setup is how bad is it?

1000020710.jpg

0 Likes

Sorry, completely missed your reply.

You can either use Ryzen Master as its more graphical and friendly or just go to your bios, under PBO, there should be a Curve Optimizer option. If the BIOS have a search option, even better.

Start with -10 all core, see if it crashes under stress and look at the temperatures. If all is stable, you can get bolder like -15; -20 and so on.

This video can give you a general idea:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0iyja9yQ-tM 

The Englishman
0 Likes
CynthiaPlott
Journeyman III

All good now?

0 Likes