cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

adamflyer
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7600X Random Restarting / System Kernel-Power Event ID 41

Reposting since my last thread was marked as spam and is gone. Not sure why?

Description of Original Problem: I just got this pc together about three months ago. Everything brand new. Full list at the bottom. Sometimes it runs for a few hours, sometimes a few days, sometimes a few minutes and it just randomly restarts. It seems to be getting worse lately. Could be a slightly higher ambient temp now that winter is gone but my CPU temps are still usually in the LOW 40s when it crashes. I see a critical error in the event viewer for every time it restarts (System Kernel-Power Event ID 41). I am not seeing any windows dump files being created. When it restarts I'm usually just doing something low task like browsing the web.

Troubleshooting: I have updated the BIOS for all the stable versions that have come out. This latest version says “By following the mitigation from AMD, fix CPU SoC voltage upper limit for Ryzen 7000X3D and non-X3D series CPU, which might affect the performance of certain EXPO memory modules.” With the earlier BIOS versions I have independently disable CPU C State Control and A-XMP and it still randomly restarts. I've read some forums where others had similar issues some being solved by the C State Control, memory settings, of changing voltage offsets. Don't know to play with memory settings or voltage offsets without some guidance. Everything in the BIOS is from “load optimized defaults”. I have not and don't plan on overclocking, its not a gaming rig and I just want a stable machine.

I tried running the Ryzen Master application to run the curve optimizer because I heard some issues have been attributed to it. I've tried running it for all cores and per core and it crashed A LOT when it runs to optimize the settings. The results after applying the optimized settings was it restarting so often I could not hardly get into windows (would restart within 5 seconds of booting up) so I would have to “load optimized defualts” in the BIOS. The optimized offset for all cores was -7 I think? The optimized settings for per core was -19, -5, 0, -18, -9, 0. Manually setting the voltage offset lower ( a bigger negative value) seems to increase the probability of crashing but with a 0 offset or with the Curve Optimizer off it still crashes sometimes as often as every two minutes. This gives me a hunch a faulty core needs a higher than usual voltage and is crashing when voltage drops? Maybe I'm way off but is there a way to turn off a core and test this theory? I don't see how to make the voltage offset positive and don't know how high is safe if I could.

I was hopping a BIOS update would fix this but I just updated to the latest yesterday and no change. Can anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this or should I be looking at a warranty return?

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: GTX 1070 8GB

CPU: MSI Ventus GeForce GTX 1630 4GB GDDR6

Motherboard: MSI PRO B650-P

BIOS Version: v1.52 4/28/2023

RAM: Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 5600MHz 32G (2x16GB)

PSU: Corsair RM850e

Case: Cougar MX330 Mid Tower Case

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 11 10.0.22621 Build 22621

GPU Drivers: 528.24

Chipset Drivers: (don't know where to find)

Background Applications: Usually crashes when using Brave internet browser but that's probably because that is what I've done most on the computer. Has crashed running other applications.

0 Likes
0 Replies