Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ArchDemon93
Adept I

Ryzen 7600x overheating after passed to Liquid Cooler

Good Day,

I have been using Ryzen 7600x almost 2 months with Noctua D15 but heating in Diablo 4 and most of the games are above 75C. So I decided to purchase Liquid Cooler to reduce the temp.

I purchased Cooler Master Masterliquid ml240l and installed as I always did, thin thermal pased.

Afterwards I formated my computer and installed all updated drivers and BIOS. 

But in IDLE, Its working above 70 and I dont understand the reason.

I dont do any overclocking and will try in the game as well. But i am afraid that it will be over 90C and i dont wanna use the CPU overloaded like that.. 

So please guide me on this, what would be changed? 

0 Likes
11 Replies

The problem is your AIO Liquid CPU Cooler. It is either defective or not installed correctly or not working correctly.

Is the pump working and running?  The input tube to the CPU Pump should slightly cooler than the output tube from the CPU Pump. 

Do you feel any soft vibrations indicating circulating liquid in the tubing?

Is the Pump making good steady and tight contact with the CPU Lid?

Is the Radiator Fans working full speed when it starts getting hot?

Do you have the Pump and Fans connected to correct port on the Motherboard?

Could be an air bubble or sediment clogging one of the tubing thus preventing good liquid circulation.

Check for any leaks around where the tubing connects to the Radiator or pump.

Basically everything you posted indicates a CPU Cooler that isn't working correctly or is defective.

0 Likes
ArchDemon93
Adept I

Thanks for your kind reply so fast. I will check and advise the result here.

0 Likes
ArchDemon93
Adept I

The computer was working all night. Now IDLE is better 50/70C but its still high i believe. I installed Diablo 4 and it is working 65/85C. Do you think it is normal temp?

Let me answer your questions.

Is the pump working and running?  The input tube to the CPU Pump should slightly cooler than the output tube from the CPU Pump. 

- I dont feel that much heat in tubes but one of it a bit warm. But not much, i was using Corsair h115 h110 h150 and one of tube was warmer that i could feel..

Do you feel any soft vibrations indicating circulating liquid in the tubing?

- I feel a little bit, not much. Its a little noice as well which is working.

Is the Pump making good steady and tight contact with the CPU Lid?

- As i understand, yes it is.. 

Is the Radiator Fans working full speed when it starts getting hot?

- It is working. 1200 RPM.

Ekran görüntüsü 2023-06-29 102129.png

Do you have the Pump and Fans connected to correct port on the Motherboard?

- Its correct. I double checked while installing. I built many PCs so far, it is the first time i am dealing such problem. I will follow those steps, if it wont work, i will change the Cooler and send to repair.

- increase fans speed, shake the cooler a bit for bubles. Then check IDLE temp and in the game. 

Here is AMD Recommended CPU Coolers for the 7000 Series 105 Watt rated Processors: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/cpu-cooler-solution

Screenshot 2023-06-29 093317.png

GreatnessRD did make a good point. As long as the Processor is not reaching 95c it is operating within its normal engineered operating range. But running a cooler CPU is better than running a CPU close to its maximum operating temperature.

Your idle at 63c is very high considering your have a AIO Liquid CPU Cooler installed. but I noticed your AIO Fan was running only at 68%. Try seeing if you can run your AIO Fans at 100% at a lower temperature and see if that makes a difference.  If you connect the AIO fans to a System Fan (3 Pin) port on the motherboard it should run at 100% all the time since it isn't controlled by a the 4th pin. See if your temperatures are lower.

You can use Corsair's own CPU Cooler software to adjust the speeds of the Radiator Fans I believe.

But in my opinion if it is idling at a high temperature or reaching, at least, up to 90c with a strong AIO Liquid CPU Cooler that would indicate a problem with the CPU Cooler or you are in a hot room or you have poor air circulation inside the PC.

I would open a Corsair Warranty Ticket and see if they believe your AIO CPU Cooler need to be RMAed to be checked or they consider those temps as normal for your model of AIO CPU Cooler.

0 Likes
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

If I recall correctly, the 7000 series was "designed" to target 95c thermally. Though some Techtubers have put their CPUs in eco mode or delidded them to get better thermals. I don't think the Noctua air cooler or AIO are your problem to be honest. I think its running in spec which sounds crazy, I know. But 70 idle on the air cooler, that was a cause for concern. I think idle for most Ryzen CPUs 5000 and 7000 series alike are between the 40s and 50s.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

Good point about the Maximum Operating Temperature but his Noctua Air CPU Cooler was getting better results than his AIO CPU Cooler, which is probably a stronger CPU Cooler, which is why I believe he has a defective or has a problem with AIO CPU Cooler.

He was getting at idle 70c with the AIO Liquid CPU Cooler installed.

Unless I misread his Original Post.

Yeah, but after undervolt they actually keep 60 degrees under 100% workload and 35 to 40 degrees on idle.

0 Likes
BobC0728
Adept II

Bunch of videos on youTube about undervolting the 7000 series chips.  They run really hot.  Might want to consider that.  I watched one a few months ago.  Guy was running near 90 and got his temps down to high 50's low 60's with undervolting.

Curve Optimizer is a new trend now.

Running 7950X on a 240 rad with maximum 70ish. 

The Englishman
ArchDemon93
Adept I

I bought another AIO, NZXT Krkn 240, to test if there is a problem with Cooler Master AIO. 

In the morning, IDLE temp was around 48/60 with Cooler Master. which is better than last night (I didnt turn off the computer all night). I turned on Eco Mode with Ryzen Master and temp was around 80/85 with stress test, but without Eco it was 88/95. 

When i changed the AIO with NZXT, IDLE was greater, it was 40/55 range. I did change some specs in BIOS with youtube video but voltage and mhz is still in auto. Under stress, it is around 80/85. In the game, it is similar performance with Noctua Air Cooler. I started to think Noctua is really powerful to compare 240mm AIOs  

I will try to reduce the voltage and reply with the result, but to be honest, i didnt expect such temp with AIO Cooler... But in anycase, as a result that i believe that Cooler Master has a problem, i will send to repair it and sell it... 

If you want to tinker with undervolting, allow me to try and help you.

First of all, you shouldnt be using Eco Mode on 7600X, well, you can.. but it will also drop some performance.

There are two meaningful ways to undervolt your CPU, and you can use both, but of course, it depends on silicon you have.

The first thing I would try is Curve Optimizer, this can drop the voltages and temps at idle but also increase performance and peak temperatures.

johnnyenglish_0-1688058224478.png

How to:
https://youtube.com/shorts/0iyja9yQ-tM?feature=share 

I would start with something low validate stability and move on to higher values. Some of the best chips can do -30

If you find a limit at -15 you can still undervolt but not curve optimize it further, because they work a bit different, not entirely sure how but this is how I do it in my case.

How does vCore Offset Undervolt works?

When the CPU asks for 1,45v (example) the board will not deliver that, instead it will deliver what you have defined. vCore offset of -0,05 will tell the board to deliver only 1,4v

This way, voltages will drop further but with no frequency uplift as seen on the chart. Although, if temperatures are lower and more headroom is available, the CPU may boost for longer. 

How to Undervolt by OFFSET:

I'm no expert but this is what I have done on my 7950X to make it drop temps so I can use my Ryujin 240 radiator and still boost up to 5775mhz. 

In my case I had to use ECO MODE to drop from 170 to 105, losing a bit on performance. But I got my scores back up and beyond with Curve Optimizer, offset undervolt and some other tweaks.

Good luck

The Englishman