cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rafaeld90
Newcomer

Ryzen 7 5700X3D support

Hello. Does the Ryzen 7 5700X3D support changing the Boost Clock Override value in PBO?

I change the value to Positive or Negative, but the CPU is always limited to 3.2 Ghz. The adjustment reduces the frequency, consumption and temperature of the CPU.

I tried to make the adjustment, because there are games where the CPU usage is 100%.
With this adjustment it made it reduce the CPU usage, but the Boost Clock is limited to 3.2Ghz.

It doesn't matter if I put Positive or Negative. Any value is given in 3.2Ghz.

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

rafaeld90, how did you change the settings? Please list all your components. Windows CPU usage bears little resemblance to reality. Use Ryzen Master (RM) to see the real clock speeds and post an RM screenshot showing your concerns. John.

I can no longer use RM. I have already followed the tutorial to fix this problem, but it did not work.

"Ryzen Master unable to initialize. Kindly reinstall the program."

I have already done the procedure, but it did not work.

I captured the PBO screen and the configuration.

My config: Ryzen 7 5700X3D | ASRock B450m Steel Legend | Corsair Vengeance RGB RS DDR4 2x16Gb 3200Mhz | SSD Nvme 2.0 Crucial P3 1Tb | Gigabyte RX7600 Gaming OC | Watercooler Rise Mode Aura ice 360mm | MSI 650W Mag A650BN 80 Plus Bronze

20240728_154745.jpgHere is the CPU Boost Clock Override setting -25 mhz. But no matter what value I put between 25 to 200 MHz, the CPU always gets capped at 3.2Ghz.Here is the CPU Boost Clock Override setting -25 mhz. But no matter what value I put between 25 to 200 MHz, the CPU always gets capped at 3.2Ghz.Here it is default.Here it is default.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

My understanding is that with the 5000 series X3D processors you are limited to PBO changes in power limits (PPT, TDC, EDC) and Curve Optimizer. You can not increase clock speeds, either manually via multiplier or using Boost Override as it is not an unlocked processor.

Now the stock Precision Boost does work and by increasing PBO limits and/or reducing CO that 5700X3D can more easily hit its factory limited 4.1GHz max boost speed.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT