Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

berkaycrk
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 5700X High CPU when I am Idle

Hi,
I have just upgraded my cpu from ryzen 5 3600 to ryzen 7 5700x but I couldn't understand why my CPU clock is not stable and at the base when I am idle. Ryzen master seems more stable but task manager's monitor shows high speeds. Also, my fans are not stable on idle. I have do CMOS and clear my BIOS, also updated to the latest version. Everything is in base mode on the BIOS (no OC, no other configurations)

Screenshot 2024-09-03 124255.pngScreenshot 2024-09-03 124714.png
I have applied a Cinebench test and here is the result. It didn't exceed 4.10 ghz 

Screenshot 2024-09-03 130720.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

berkaycrk, thanks for the screenshots. I do not see a problem here. Windows is the worst reporter of CPU speed, apparently they have not figured out how to report multiple processors. Windows is probably responsible for the  processor sharp load increases. It may also be some applications you are running. Be sure to close all running tasks including browsers. I suggest you adjust your fan curves (BIOS) to help with the noise.

MaxBoost002.png

 This is what AMD says about Max boost. Run Cinebench Single core test to see max boost clock. John.

FunkZ
Exemplar

Open the Processes tab in Task Manager and sort by CPU utilization to see what application is causing the higher than expected usage.

Not sure what is meant by "fans not stable on idle", do you mean they are varying the fan speed due to the unknown utilization? If so that is normal, fix the utilization and the fans should settle down.

As to only hitting 4.1GHz on Cinebench multi core test, that is normal as @misterj states. The 5700X is a 65W TDP processor that is restricted to only 76W PPT power limit, and as your screenshot shows it is hitting 100% of that during the test. If you want it to boost higher, increase the PPT limit.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes