cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

swaki
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 2700x 85C Idle Temperatures

I have a Ryzen 7 2700x in about a year old build that just started overheating(or at least I just noticed it). It's throttling heavily to even 0.5GHz speeds when gaming. I've dusted it out and reapplied thermal paste to no avail. It has a liquid cooler with a push-pull fan configuration on either side. I can feel that the one tube of the liquid cooler is considerably hotter than the other so the pump seems to be working. Both fans are blowing and I've even made sure at least one of the fans is plugged directly to the power supply for constant high rpms. I've switched between all the different Windows 10 power options and it overheats on all of them. It starts at about 60C when first turning on the computer and then ramps up while idling to about 85C and doesn't come back down. I haven't tried overclocking and I set the BIOS settings back to their defaults. I tried updating the BIOS. Nothing seems to work.pastedImage_1.png

I've used both Ryzen Master and HWMonitor to check temps and they are reporting the same temperatures. Speccy however, is reporting 144C for all cores...

On some of the Windows power plans, the EDC regulary sits at 99% of 140A while everything else remains pretty low.

I've felt the back of the motherboard and it's definitely getting very hot to the touch although I'm guessing that's pretty standard? Just not sure if the temperature is being misreported or something. I figure I'll have to replace something but I'm at a loss for what that is. Motherboard, CPU, or CPU fan?? It seems like the coolers are working and I've never heard of a CPU failing in this way so I'm looking for any help I can get on this.

0 Likes
1 Solution
indianatone
Journeyman III

Sounds to me that the pump is not working, the fluid should all be the same temperature.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Please also provide the essential INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION.

0 Likes
indianatone
Journeyman III

Sounds to me that the pump is not working, the fluid should all be the same temperature.

0 Likes

Turns out it was just the pump! Replaced it all with a nice cpu fan and everything is working great now. Thanks!

0 Likes