cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zukmeister
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

Dear AMD - you have lost a customer for life.  Not only am I upset about my 5900X not running correctly but your RMA process is totally unacceptable for year 2021.

It took 2 weeks back in forth with your Tech Support to get an RMA authorized.  You then sent me a ground shipping label from West Coast to Florida which will take 7 day transit minimum.  You will then sit on your ass for 3 days inspecting this broken thing.  You will then send me a replacement which will take another week ground shipping back to West Coast.  I will have wasted more than 30 days on a brand new computer with a top tier CPU that I cannot use because of your terrible processor and customer service process.

I have loved AMD but this is unacceptable and with my latest experience I can never in good faith buy another one of your products again.

Team blue is the way to go even if they are behind in advancing tech.  I have never had these issues with them in the past and guess what they offer an Advanced RMA.  You should look into this, it's the year 2021.  Even other **bleep** companies like Seagate offer this.   

What will really piss me off is if the replacement CPU is also having issue.  I have no idea what I'll do at that point

lyme
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

DOCP - Dram Over Clock Profile (or something like that), it is the AMD name for XMP.

0 Likes
lyme
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18,19 and Graphics

Jump to solution

"Firstly, it's pretty sad that you don't offer an "Advance RMA" process, which is to say a process where I provide you a credit card number, you post a temporary charge for the cost of the CPU, send me the new CPU, I return the old CPU, and you remove the temporary charge when you get the old one back (or permanently charge me if you don't get it!). I'm fortunate enough that I had another CPU I could use during the in-between period, but for those without a backup CPU, they're totally SOL. I've done this process with other hardware manufacturers in the past - why not you? It's 2021"

I agree with you, and that the shipping charge sucks.. The crappy thing is that if this were an option, there would be people doing Advance RMA on non-existent CPUs so that they don't have to struggle with retail. It is the sad state of the world.

zukmeister
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18,19 and Graphics

Jump to solution

They wouldn't... before AMD would RMA my processor they wanted me to prove that I have the processor.  They wanted a picture of it with matching serial numbers installed in my motherboard socket.  AMD is just far behind the times and they suck as it relates to warranties.  30 days for a replacement RMA is unacceptable for tech items 

flyxytk
Adept II

Jump to solution

Soo guys after more than one week testing I can finally say: The new Installation of Windows fixed my crash issues completely. So if you didnt try reinstalling windows and manually install drivers do it.

1. Take a Windows Install USB Stick or a CD. If you dont have one create one with the windows media creation tool.

2. Download all necessary drivers (Chipset, Graphics, Sound, Ethernet etc.) to a USB Stick or your Drive (Only if you going to keep the data)

3. Unplug all internet connections

4. Start your PC and get into the boot menu. There choose your USB stick or CD where the Windows installer is on.

5. Choose install Windows in the installer, then accept all agreements and if you want to keep you data on the C Disk dont delete the Partition. Instead install the new Windows over the old if possible. (The drive with the greater space is most likely the right one, search in the internt if you didnt understand what I said).

6. Let Windows install

7.  When Windows is installed complete the setup

8. Search you C Drive in the explorer

9. Go into the folder Windows.old > Users > (your Username) > Downloads and find all the Drivers. If you have downloaded them on a USB drive plug that in and find the drivers on there.

10. Install all drivers you have downloaded earlier

11. Restart your system if the driver installer says it

12. Connect the internet connection

13. Try if the Blackscreen error is gone

Hope I helped ^^

0 Likes
TexasAVI03
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger:ID18 = Kernal-Power:ID41 IS THE CAUSE!

Jump to solution

Look in your event viewer and see if you have a "Critical" Kernel-Power:Event 41 error 10-20 seconds before the WHEA:Event 18 error.

I think Windows Pro 64-bit is not setup for handling the idle cores falling asleep and go below .9 Watts as seen in HWiNFO64-7715.

I have had a my 5900X stable at 5.1MHz using PBO2 Curve on multiple cores but if I stop opening & closing programs (moving the mouse or typing on the keyboard) and/or walk away I will come to a log in screen.  I will check Event Viewer & the Kernel-Power is ALWAYS before the WHEA.  I have never had a BSOD.

All of the Windows complaints about this are usually Laptop & Battery/Power Issues.  I have all of those options changed as well.

AMD is this a possibility? Can we change something on our end?

TexasAVI03
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger:ID18 = Kernal-Power:ID41 IS THE CAUSE!

Jump to solution

Look in your event viewer and see if you have a "Critical" Kernel-Power:Event 41 error 10-20 seconds before the WHEA:Event 18 error.

I think Windows Pro 64-bit is not setup for handling the idle cores falling asleep and go below .9 Watts as seen in HWiNFO64-7715.  or the opposite it is not setup for the extreme wattage change from frequencies over the 4.9MHz limit when using the PBO2 Curve to create more stable Boost Limits.

I have had a my 5900X stable at 5.1MHz using PBO2 Curve on multiple cores but if I stop opening & closing programs (moving the mouse or typing on the keyboard) and/or walk away I will come back to a log in screen.  I will check Event Viewer & the Kernel-Power is ALWAYS before the WHEA.  I have never had a BSOD.

All of the Windows complaints about this are usually Laptop & Battery/Power Issues.  I have all of those options changed as well.

AMD is this a possibility? Can we change something on our end?

gontos
Adept I

Jump to solution

I have been straggling for 2 days now with BSOD's, tried almost everything recommended in forums. Nothing helped except what you said... I disabled CPB, XMP is on and I haven't had any crashes....so far... and I am saying so far because, for a week I didn't have any crashes with CPB on either... Now performance is lowered of course.

Update 20/03/2021 11:30 I now tried CBP on, XMP on, changed RAM voltage from 1.36v to 1.4v. Pc boots normally, no issues so far....

Update 20/03/2021 12:06 Pc crashed again right after testing cinebench. I will disable CBP again. I already RMA, waiting for answer...... CBP disabled is not acceptable for a costly CPU, i miss my 3700x stability right now...

Tags (1)
flyxytk
Adept II

Jump to solution

After like 2 Weeks without any error after the installation the érror is back. I thought it was fixed but yeah it wasnt. Im so pissed right now. its alwas the same **bleep**... Can you please say what this error means or is? DMP Data is here. 

flyxytk_0-1616271543330.png

Phoenixrampage
Adept I

Jump to solution

So yeah.. after a month the RMA completed. The CPU was found deffective and was replaced. But now I am just in dread to use the new one. I mean I ve been using the 10900k for the past month and I don't even want to try the 5900x. It's just sitting there on my shelf.

I guess I ll just use it in a second build after all... TOGETHER WITH ALL THE DOUBLE COMPONENTS I BOUGHT EARLIER TO TEST THE DEFFECTIVE ONE....

Well, like I said before among many others.

RMA or go Intel.

0 Likes