cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

blackbird420
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5800x undervolt information

Hello everyone I just recently bough thtis ryzen 7 5800x and its a beast but the temps for me coming from a ryzen 5 3600 are quite scary to be honest when im playing a game and streaming in discord it sets at about 178F is this normal? And if i was to go into PBO in Bios and set the PPT and such would i get a decent drop in temps? And if that is the case would someone mind telling me what values to place im not looking to fine tune it im looking to just decrease temps and maintain stock performance if possible thanks so much for any information 

Specs are Ryzen 7 5800x Thermal Right Peerless assassin cooler X570 gaming edge wifi msi mobo 32 gigs of corsair vengeance  XFX 6700xt

0 Likes
1 Reply
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, give it a go with curve optimizer and/or offset undervolting.

I've shared the video so many times that should be easy to find.

From my experience with the average silicon, you should be able to achieve at least  -10 on the Curve Optimizer plus -0.5v on the offset.

Why CO plus undervolt?

Sometimes, depending on conditions, curve optimizer can lead to a lower average temps but increase full load temps.

If the CO does lower temperature overall, skip undervolt (since CO is already undervolting) then try -15, -20 and so on till you find a sweet spot. Do plenty of stress tests to ensure a crash free system.

TLDR

Curve Optimizer is a cool new way to bump performance by altering how it behaves during certain conditions.

AMD Ryzen 5000 Series - Precision Boost Overdrive 2-page-009.jpg

Offset undervolting is a board feature that will reduce the voltage that the CPU asks at any given moment. Its linear not like the CO.

Good luck and enjoy the performance boost.

The Englishman
0 Likes