Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Shadowy89
Adept I

Ryzen 5800X slow down crash, no BSOD

Hey.

Seems like Ryzen 5000 have brought issues for many, but currently I haven't seen same issues as mine.

Hardware:

Asus strix x570-e BIOS 3001, newest chipset driver

Ryzen 5800X stock, Noctua U12A cooler

G.skill 3200mhz CL14 XMP loaded, Asus QVL listed

MSI Gaming trio RTX2080S stock, newest driver

Corsair RM750

boot drive Samsung Evo Plus 970 1TB, newest firmware

Windows 10 20H2

So the issue. Many of you report Ryzen 5000 reboots and crashes. But mine does this. Out random but not in games (yet) it takes slow down crash, once just computer idling there screens were auto shut down via Windows power management and no response afterwards. One of the screens show desktop, but second screen won't. No mouse movement. Now three times just watching Youtube I see corsair LED strips goes to rainbow puke, so I know commander pro lost connection to Mobo. When this happens I still have some control over my computer, but none of the windows close properly and nothing new opens. What I have seen second screen fades a little bit when this happens, and if connect and disconnect it, I loose all mouse movement etc., so then it will basically just dead freeze.

I can't shut down and I can't restart via normal Windows means, so reset button it is. Afterwards, I have tried Windows error logs, but it has not reported any crash of program or so. Next thing there is my force reboot.

Also temps on all components have been fine, according to HWmonitor.

Ruled out issues.

-PSU, stress tested system with prime95 and Heaven benchmark and it was stable and 500W was pulled from the wall and no abnormal sounds from PSU or anywhere else.

-GPU PCI-E slot set to GEN3 and not Auto

-Deleted JackNET RGB Sync, thought it was SDK problem, nope. 

Things that are currently being ruled out, changing these depending what helps not

-Boot drive set to GEN3 and not auto

-I know my Corsair commander pro is faulty, it has fried 2 of its Fan ports with maximum fan being 0,55A and port should handle 1A according to manual. Going for RMA

If these doesn't help. I am going to DDU GPU drivers and try one before.

Taking XMP off which I think will change nothing what seeing from others.

0 Likes
5 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

xmp off would be the first thing i would test

0 Likes
Shadowy89
Adept I

Well I wasn't able to recreate the crash yesterday any more after I did these

-Boot drive set to GEN3 and not auto

-I know my Corsair commander pro is faulty, it has fried 2 of its Fan ports with maximum fan being 0,55A and port should handle 1A according to manual. Going for RMA

-While removing Commander Pro I reseated GPU just in case

-I didn't open HWmonitor to background

-Pagefile increased from auto 4,8GB to 1x RAM size 32GB

-Changed Power Management settings from Balanced to Highest Performance

Most likely what I have read it is that Power Management setting since crash happened always when PC was near idle.

Second guess is that faulty Commander Pro, but I'll update this if anything changes again.

0 Likes

In a few weeks time I only had 1 crash and narrowing it down it is either HWmonitor or Firefox bug. Only those 2 were on while it froze and what I think it is firefox since I was playpacking youtube video on second monitor which is 1080p display while main being 1440p, youtube still shows it was playing it at 1440p. And recalling what has happened before there are also connections to this. After setting youtube play max 1080p I have not yet to receive any crashes.

0 Likes
Shadowy89
Adept I

It's been many months and ride has been ups and downs. There was like a few months time between the last post and next freeze and it's been random like always. Never on high load and always on completely idle or browsing web or YT. I tested few browsers for a good measure and still happened.

Same time I upgraded PSU even to Seasonic PX-1000 Platinum, so it wasn't the PSU.

It is hard to diagnose since event viewer doesn't indicate reason why PC just froze. But currently next steps are try with XMP, which I think is bs since no freezing under heavy load. Then if it is not RAM then trying disabling CPU c-states.

After this it just have to be either corrupted segment of windows or mobo or cpu.

0 Likes

Solution exists

Hi

I had same issue I checked logs, did stress tests, cpu and gpu. And what not.  
somewhere I read it was because of nvme where windows was loaded. 
I did not believe at first. But then. 

I was playing a game for an hour. Then when I came to manual save it. Then everything froze. 
clearly nvme was the issue. 

i removed that nvme and installed windows on another ssd.  There was no problem anymore. 

try it…

0 Likes