cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Igrozni
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5800x passes Cinebench, and games, restarts at Km player at negative offset -30

I have a strange problem, i am using Ryzen Master "per core" with negative offset -30 and my temps and general feel is much better. I tested it with Cinebench R23 and it passes also playing Cyberpunk and Ghost of Tshusima without and problems, but when I try to watch some tv show on KM player it restarts. Is there anyway to prevent this, probably just needs more tweaking?

Config:

Ryzen 7 5800X

Msi MPG Gaming Plus B550

Asus Nvidia 1660 s dual

32gb Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600 Mhz

Samsung NVME 1TB

WD Black 4TB

WD Gold 2 TB

Seasonic 850W G12

0 Likes
2 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Seems like curve optimizer and that particular program don't get along. Try reducing the CO to a lower level and try again to clear if its really the CO or anything else that may cause the crash. Or use another player if possible.

I had a strange restart with my CO values and HWiNFO64 even when cinebench worked like a charm.

But I adjusted the thing because I use both board vCore OFFSET voltages and Curve Optimizer.

Good Luck

The Englishman
FunkZ
Grandmaster

May as well use "all-core" if they're all set to the same CO value. Back it down to -25 and see if that fixes it.

If you did want to tweak "per-core" values, I believe Event Manager will indicate the core # where the crash occurred, or you can use Task Manager to set core affinity to one at a time and test to see which one is crashing. Once you figure out which core it is adjust that one down to -25 and leave the rest at -30.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT