cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

supawolfgang
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5600G / B550 USB problem

Hello i just bought a pc with a 5600g and a msi b550 Gaming plus two days ago i have a lot of problems with usb at first when i was gaming i got the usb disconnecting/connecting in loop all the time so i check reddit and saw that was a common issue on b550/x570 MB with ryzen 5000. After looking at reddit people said you have to update BIOS and all the chip drivers, force the PCI to only use gen 3 and disable cstate. I've done all this and now i dont have the loop but sometimes when i start my game all my usb disconnect/connect one time and nothing after i also got the disconnect noise poping randomly. Can i do something more about that ?

Config:  

•  AMD Ryzen 5 5600G (3.9 GHz)
  •  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus 
  •  DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB RS Noir - 16 Go (2 x 8 Go) 3200 MHz - CAS 16
  •  Corsair iCUE H60i RGB PRO XT - 120 mm
  •  Crucial P2 500 Go
  •  Crucial MX500 1 To
  •  Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow - Noir
  •  Corsair CX650F RGB (Noir) - 650W
  •  GTX 1650 Gigabyte Windfore 4GB
0 Likes
2 Replies
hlaks
Adept I

Which windows version do you have windows 10/11 do you have?  I had a lot of issues with 10 but I recently switched to 11 and there has been a lot less issues with USB.  Although I am not sure this is the case for most. I know some have issues with the upgrade.  

Drivers can really a pain in the A**.  Have you used the msi utility?  I think it is a bit bloated as far as a driver updater but it has found some drivers for me that I couldn't find any other way.  I also use intel's driver support assistant even though I have no intel processor, it works remarkably well at finding obscure driver updates on the motherboard. 

Hello,

I am using windows 10 i did use the msi utility to find drivers actually the problem didnt came back since i have uninstalled corsair icue. I Will try to download the intel utility. Thx for the tips and the response