cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

yorsworld9
Adept I

Ryzen 5600 Part Number not found on warranty site

I'm trying to submit an RMA for my 5600 but when I enter the part number on the warranty site it says "Please select an OPN from the list" (screenshot below) and I can't proceed. The part number is 100-000000927BOX, right? But it's just not there.

Also, the reason I'm RMAing it is I just bought it, it's brand new, but it's got these marks on it that look suspiciously like thermal paste residue. Can anyone tell me if I should be returning/RMAing it? Or is it from the factory process and it's actually nothing to worry about?

scrnshot.png

IMG_20230411_205911841.jpgIMG_20230411_210129343.jpg

0 Likes
19 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

Have you looked at this picture from here:

AMD Warranty information:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/pib

PIB Image 3_0.jpg

0 Likes

Yes, that's exactly the number I'm trying to type in, the one I wrote in my post (100-000000927BOX). On the label, it ends in BOX, whereas on the CPU itself it doesn't have those letters on the end, but neither of them shows up on the warranty site. There are lots of Part Numbers in the dropdown list that begin with 100-000000 but not the one for the 5600.

Thanks for the reply by the way, do you have any thoughts about the markings?

0 Likes

Could you share a full picture from your cpu and box?

You can send it via private message if you like.

0 Likes

Sure, here's a pic of the whole CPU. Sorry the quality's not great, all I have is my phone. I don't have a pic of the box and I'm not at home to take one, but I can do it later.

IMG_20230411_210126100.jpg

Yeah I could open the RMA with that data. Just use:

100-100000927BOX in the OPN field....I typed in 927 to got it and use your SN ending with 683 in the SN field.

0 Likes

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I ended up installing it, and guess what...it doesn't work.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: actually, what do you think I should do at this point? Since I bought it from an Amazon 3rd party seller, I can send it back to them and claim a refund through Amazon's A to Z guarantee. Not sure whether to do that or use the AMD warranty procedure. If it's some kind of scam, would the latter be better so it goes through AMD? I don't know what to do.

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

Well according to your OPN and SN the CPU seem legit, at least the IHS is

If you can replace it via the seller do it, the only other idea is to check if your mainboard does have the right bios to recognize it.

0 Likes

It's getting interesting now, AMD replied to my warranty request saying they "cannot find a match for your claimed serial number in our database." I updated the BIOS to the latest version which supports the 5000 series, so it's not that.

0 Likes

Did you mix up the letter O & number 0, check the Ryzen box label might be easier to read.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Oh hey, one of the 0s in the SN is actually an O. Thanks!

0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

Hi @yorsworld9,

You're enter the wrong number.  What you're entering is the CPU ID.  Here's an image from AMD:

image_2023-04-24_130310537.png
Part number should be on the box, on the CPU and in the manual.

As for the marks on the CPU's heatspreader, it could be a returned item from the shop.  Amazon, for instance, is widely known for selling returned/used items as new.  That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the CPU but you never know until you try it.

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
0 Likes

Hi, thanks for the reply. I definitely entered the right part number though, it's the one on the sticker on the box, exactly where it's highlighted in the image in your reply. To find it on the warranty site, I had to type 927 into the field, and only then did the complete number show up.

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

Well I could get it through the automated system, offer them to send a picture with timestamp from the IHS and the box. Also contact the seller asap. If I may ask, where are located?

0 Likes

I'm in Japan, and the seller is a 3rd party Amazon marketplace seller located in Tokyo. They've really been acting suspicious about the whole thing. Of course the first thing I did was contact them, and they just said send it back, but then I checked through their reviews and there were people claiming they'd sent non-functional products back and not gotten refunds because the box was open, and the seller claims this is not only their own policy but Amazon's policy. So I complained about that, and they told me to submit an AMD RMA, and since then they've just ghosted me. So then I submitted an Amazon A to Z guarantee request, and Amazon want me to send the chip back to the seller. I thought I'd submit an RMA anyway, and now here we are, AMD say they don't recognize the serial number.

0 Likes

Something i just realized, the part #-0000... is a tray (OEM) model, warranty only from seller. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I did the rma procedure and could get it through.....so yeah don't know what's going on there.

0 Likes

Probably because you used '100-10000.....' OP has '100-00000....'.

0 Likes

Hi, thanks for joining my thread!

I also noticed the discrepancy in the part number, but it looks like all 5600s have the part number without the BOX on the end printed on the actual CPU, while the word BOX is included on the sticker on the box itself. Anyway, like Dragokar says, I did manage to submit a warranty claim using the 100-000000 number and the serial number on the CPU but they're now questioning the latter. I've replied with my proof of purchase and some more photos (they wanted a photo of the CPU in the socket, but it's the only computer I have so when the 5600 didn't work I put my old 1600 back in and put everything back together) so we'll see what they say next.

0 Likes

Keep us informed if you don't mind.

0 Likes