cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Alexey12
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5600 B2 support

Hello. I have a MSI B450 Tomahawk motherboard, which has official Ryzen 5 5600 stepping B0 support. But the 5600 with B2 stepping isn't listed in compatible CPUs. I asked MSI support and they could only tell that if CPU isn't listed, then i may have problems with it. They don't have newer information other that on official site. Earlier in May 2021 there was an AMD statement, quoted on benchmark.pl and lots of other hardware resources. Here i post it translated from Polish, so it may differ a bit from original one.

@as part of our ongoing efforts to increase production and logistics capabilities, AMD will gradually move AMD Ryzen 5000 series desktop processors to B2 revision over the next 6 months. It brings no improvements in functionality and performance, and no BIOS update is required.@@

So, according to this, B2 isn't that different from B0, and i should have no problem with R5 5600 B2. Is it true? RMA is a problem for me, so if something goes wrong, i'm just stuck with CPU i can't use, so before buying one I wan't to be sure it will work.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution
Dragokar
Miniboss

If your board supports the 5600 B0 it will work with 5600 B2 with no changes needed. Just make sure to use the latest stable bios for your board.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Dragokar
Miniboss

If your board supports the 5600 B0 it will work with 5600 B2 with no changes needed. Just make sure to use the latest stable bios for your board.