cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Electric_Squall
Adept III

Re: Ryzen 5000 Crashes (WHEA Errors) will get a "Silent Fix" from AMD.

Update: RMAed my 5950x in May this year and after discussing with AMD support about WHEA, they decided not to give me another CPU, instead, they gave refunded me.

With the money, I've got a Z590 + 10900k and I'm now free of WHEA and USB issues.

I sincerely recommend you all, to do the same. AMD will NEVER take over the fact they flooded the market with a defective  architecture and due to the poor quality of the reviewers Worldwide (that only compare performance but not stability and/or usability) we were not aware about this flaw, before getting a Ryzen 5000 series CPU.

Wish you the best. Intel for life!

trek
Elite

Nope, in electronic products there is high RMA rate for some items, e.g. motherboards.

You are implicating that because of you and a couple of dudes have had crashes that ZEN architecture is defective? Complete nonsense.

Intel is a waste of sand currently, nothing more. We will see what happens at 3nm.

0 Likes
cyberloner
Adept III

amd 5800x

my latest bios for aorus pro ac drop the turbo boost from 4850 to 4800.... like ly cause by the motherboard push too high for amd.... some chip is power and some chip is weaker... and this whea happen random........

turbo boost should be 4700 and board still boost it higher.........

0 Likes
ebisettia
Adept I

Hello everyone, I go to buy back in April go to buy a 5900X but due to the GPU shortage I finally got to complete it 2 weeks ago. Since then I have experienced those WHEA reports with BSODs as a result.  This is effing frustrating, I did not know about this problem at all, to say that I'm outraged is not enough.  Now, after reading this topic I have come to the realization that even if I do an RMA it could still happen. But my big problem is that I bought my CPU through AMD.COM and sent it to my country, Perú, South America. I didn't understand why it was happening cause then I ran PRIME95, CINEBENCH, FURMARK no errors were shown, but a single Chrome tab would crash the system.

Now I have to do an RMA without knowing that it will go through and get accepted cause my CPU is in Perú and not in the US.

But it is true, if you overclock with RYZEN MASTER, it would be OK, but boost would stay on all the time and that isn't what I want because of the temperatures, even though I have a 360 AIO.

Is there a workaround?, this is my last hope.

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

PS.- my system is a 5900X - MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X - Corsair Vengeanse RGB 8GB x 4 - Corsair iCue 5000D Airflow - 1 TB SSD x2

KR
EB
0 Likes
cyberloner
Adept III

you have aio... just set manual voltage and manual cpu speed........ you can run even faster than the boost stuff....

i have no aio and tweak for curve for month and still can get errror on the gold selected core... maybe need positive the curve

0 Likes
Electric_Squall
Adept III

@ebisettia - If you're not considering to RMA your parts, specially the CPU, the only stable recommendation is the fixed clock usage. I know how repulsive it feels nowadays, however, that's the way to go, if you face WHEA while using PB/PBO.

In my case, I've used my 5900x with fixed clock for 4 months, and, despite the USB problems, I was able to use it daily, without concerns.

But, if PBO is a must for you, the RMA can be tried, however, the chance to get another defective sample is high.

About your RMA concerns, as long you have the proper Serial Number, AMD RMA is available worldwide. 

ebisettia
Adept I

@Electric_Squall I'm gonna try RMA first with a replacement part, but if I keep getting WHEA errors, I RMA again but with a refund. It is really a sad thing to find out that such an awesome product can have this kind of issues.

I've been watching videos about overclocking, playing with CO, maybe I can get something more optimized than the auto value and stop those WHEA errors, who knows. Right now my PC is at the seller's service center, but I know they will tell me that it is the processor that is faulty and that part I didn't buy it from them.

Thank you for your kind help.

Have a great one.

KR
EB
Electric_Squall
Adept III

@ebisettia - Hello buddy, how are you?

I also consider that RMA is the best approach for this situation. Unfortunately, it is very unlikely that someone that pays the price to have a 5950x will ever accept unstable features, which is the case of PB/PBO for these chips.

Recently, I've read that some people that said CO with positive offset to all cores, can "workaround" the issue. Those who said so, pointed out that values of +3 applied prevented the system from "WHEAS" Well, I don't how reliable is this information because WHEA may happen quite often, or only after some considerable time (+3 weeks) so it is hard to ensure CO with positive offset can  really fix the problem.

But this is it, I think that PB/PBO should work out of the box, period.

Wish you the best my friend. 

0 Likes
koguma
Adept II

Sign me up for the inevitable class action lawsuit. 

Looks like AMD learned nothing from https://www.amdcpusettlement.com/

Time for another one! 

koguma
Adept II

FYI, downclocking ram has so far fixed it for me, and a few other people.  I'm running my 3600 Gskill ram at 3333 and it's been stable. I've reached out to Gskill, but so far nothing from their support... 

0 Likes