Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Unionjeff
Adept I

Ryzen 5 7600x New build - Crashing games and software on heavy load

Hi Team RED! Nice to meet you all!

I'm a first-timer with AMD CPUs and unfortunately, my experience hasn't been that great. I recently built a PC with these specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600x

MOBO: ASROCK B650E Taichi

RAM: Kingston Fury  32GB DDR5 6000MT (compatible with mobo)

GPU: RX 580

PSU: Corsair RM850x Shift

NVME: Crucial P5 2TB 2200

The problem that I have is that during tests with AIDA64, OCCT, and Memtest86 the CPU test will get errors or Hardware failure messages. The temps are within specs, highest 95C. I tried to set it to 85 and got the same results. Also, I tried gaming but after 10 minutes ish, the game would crash and back to the desktop. Also on OCCT the memory test failed but I guess it can be due to a CPU problem.

I tried to reinstall all the drivers.

Tried to re-install the BIOS.

Tried to re-apply the thermal paste and change the cooler.

I'll get some new RAM tomorrow and I'll try that, but I am leaning towards the hardware problem with the CPU. I don't have another CPU unfortunately. 

Is there anything I could do to try to fix it? I bought the CPU and Motherboard together a week ago, new, so In case of RMA, I'll need to send back everything. 

Will AMD warranty be a better option?

Thanks guys!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Unionjeff
Adept I

Update.

Problem solved by replacing Motherboard and CPU. Unfortunately couldn't get an other Taichi so I got a Rog Strix B650E-E. Same CPU and all tests passed without any errors.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
IcedNZ
Adept I

Just out of curiosity, have you checked your PSU? Could be another factor, one many people seem to overlook, when hardware draws more power, the rails fail and crash? Just a thought.

Yes. To be fair as soon as I wrote the message I thought about it. 

I tried a 650w from corsair that I replaced, It worked fine for the last 10 years. I played for longer, but eventually crashed anyway.

0 Likes
Unionjeff
Adept I

A quick update...

Today I changed the RAM and the video card with an MSI RX 6800. Reinstalled Windows 11, drivers, etc...

Run the OCCT test and I get this after 30 min of testing. 

OCCT-23830-072452.png

I haven't tried to game yet. I'll need to download at least one game to try it out... 

Any suggestion?

RAM is not Overclocked and is set to its standard.

0 Likes

You said RAM is set to stock, not XMP but what about the CPU, all standard, default voltages etc? All your BIOS settings are default?

Yes. I didn't touch anything in the bios. All the parameters are set to default.

0 Likes
Unionjeff
Adept I

Update.

Problem solved by replacing Motherboard and CPU. Unfortunately couldn't get an other Taichi so I got a Rog Strix B650E-E. Same CPU and all tests passed without any errors.

0 Likes