cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DenizG101
Adept I

Ryzen 5 7500F does not reaches 5 Ghz speed?

Hello, i have builded a new computer and i used 7500F as my CPU. Before i buy the parts of my new PC i did my research for compatibility. I watched lots of gaming benchmark videos for 7500F, in every single video i have watched 7500F is working at 5050 Mhz. But when i play any game i only see 4800 Mhz as maximum speed and it is not even stable, sometimes it drops to 4000 Mhz. And i play games that very CPU loaded, for example in hunt showdown 7500F is being used about %70. I am using latest bios version on my mobo, everything at stock settings(auto). And i am %100 sure that there is no thermal problems, i am using phantom spirit 120 SE as cooler and i only see maximum of 60° at 1000 RPM.

My rig's full specs;

B650M DS3H 1.0

7500F

PHANTOM SPIRIT and MX6

T-CREATE EXPERT 6000 Mhz CL38 16X2 GB

RX 6650 XT

FSP 850W HYDRO GT

9 Replies

It sounds like you've put a lot of thought and effort into building your new PC, and it's frustrating when things don't perform as expected, especially after doing thorough research. Let's dive deeper into the issue with your Intel Core i5-7500F CPU running at lower frequencies than expected during gaming sessions.

0 Likes
432hz
Adept II

Did the reviewers have PBO enabled in BIOS?

If so, do you have PBO enabled in BIOS?

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar

Tried both PBO enabled and disabled, result is the same.

0 Likes

In general, you'll need ensure your system is configured in the same way as the reviewer's to make accurate comparisons, both hardware and software, game and game settings, same resolution, BIOS settings that affect CPU, GPU settings, etc.

You'll also need to compare your results to a review with the same GPU. If your GPU is bottlenecking your CPU, then the CPU wouldn't run at 100%.

Have you tried synthetic CPU benchmarks and compared your results to others? An easy one is Cinebench 23 or 24. It provides comparisons with other systems within the app (and online, I think).

I did R23 benchmark rn and i got 200 point higher in multi-core and same single-core score. I guess everything is OK. 

One last question, in R23 benchmark my CPU gets to 80 celcius. I am using phantom spirit 120 se as my cooler, is this temps normal? btw i am using mx-6 as thermal paste.

0 Likes

Have a look here at the Ryzen section -- they compare the PS EVO to your PS on the 7600x: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgkggcBBW8Q.

You'll need to compare their testing setup to yours but it should give you a rough idea (e.g. what speed are they running their fans at, what other hardware do they have, etc).

I have the PS as well -- great cooler.

Thank you for your helping me. What's your max temp in R23 with 12600k?

0 Likes

62C with fans at 100%. Ambient is around 68F.

I think around 66-68C with whatever the default fan curve is.

I have a mesh case and 1 case fan as exhaust at the moment, but plan on adding a couple more.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,

Lets brainstorm here a little, but first a short explanation about the boost abilities of Ryzen CPU's

The advertised speeds is Up to 5Ghz and not at least, meaning, it will only get there under some circumstances and after some requirements are met. Even so, it may not get there in every workload.

johnnyenglish_0-1713732131419.png

Now the brainstorming part, from where are you reading the clock speeds?

Try HWiNFO64 or Ryzen Master and run a intensive single core test to bump the speeds up because on a multi core boost, you won't see 5ghz but actually 4.8Ghz across all cores.

from techpowerup and several other reviewers

johnnyenglish_2-1713734036002.png

Also, enabling PBO right off the bat doesn't mean it will start going higher just because. Certain circumstances need to be met, although with your board, I'm unsure if you'll have such an option, but try it and check if the cooler is up to the task.

johnnyenglish_1-1713732900369.png

Good Luck

The Englishman