cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

SRB_Ghost_
Adept I

Ryzen 5 5600x Overheating problem

• I have problem wit ryzen 5 5600x its start Overheating, i have watercooling (Aio) and when is pc idle i have 45-50C ,but when i start game like warzone temp go up to 90 95C,i restarted system and thermal paste but nothing, then i change my water cooling with aircooling and same problem.

my other components :

rx 6800 16gb

16 gb ram 3200mhz

Aorus B550 pro V2

and 700+W power supply 

i have small case but i didnt have that problem before i remove side panel for better airflow and still overheating.

0 Likes
1 Solution

hay i just bought new cooler and now i have 50-60c in warzone 2 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

At first glance, its one of the following 

Not enough thermal paste or not tighten enough. 

Pump in low rpm, bubbles in the loop or pump failure. 

Bad radiator placement, never put the block above the radiator. 

Mini ITX and that is in some cases just hard to cool.

Do you have PBO enabled or AUTO?

Try checking the AIO pump, increase pump rpm and listen carefully for the buzzing sound, no sound or too much bubbling sound is not good. Feel if the one of the tubing is hot, that should be what is going to the radiator.

Then give us more information afterwards. 

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes

i removed aio pump and put aircooling and same,i tup again termal paste and tight and nothing,  i dont know how to find PBO,but when i updated windows 10 i get that problem with overheting

(sorry for bad English its not my main language )

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

If you think an update might be your issue, do a system restore. 

The Englishman
0 Likes

i just did it i just reinstal windows and did new sistem,i will try later to turn off PBO but is it going to lower my performanc?bc i use pc for gaming 

0 Likes

hay i just bought new cooler and now i have 50-60c in warzone 2 

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Amazing! Glad to see it up and running like it should. 

The Englishman
0 Likes
Antondz
Journeyman III

Hi! I just have same issue with you. I used b550 elite ax v2, 5600x w 3070ti, air cooler jonsbo 1000. System run at 30-40c idle and 65-68c while gaming, i played diablo IV at 1440p and temp never over 75c. I sold that pc and buy all new but same components w 4070. Now, in bios it is about 35c but after load windows it become hotter about 47-51c idle and spike to 91-93c some time over 95c and then drop to 91-93. I just built this pc few day ago. Does anyone have similar experiences?

0 Likes