cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mdaibm
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600g Broken Pin

I broke my MB_DATA49 pin on Ryzen 5 5600g. Can I still use it?

0 Likes
2 Replies

Only way to find out is by installing the processor on the motherboard and see if it boots up or not.

If it boots up then I suggest your download and run OCCT CPU, GPU, & PSU Stress test and see if it crashes during any of the 3 tests.

by the way, your AMD 3 year Warranty is voided due to the broken CPU pin.

EDIT: If that is the correct name for the broken pin then it looks like a data pin for the processor. So most likely it might not work correctly with that data pin broken.

You can look at Youtube video that shows how you can bypass a broken pin on a CPU by installing a pin on the Motherboard socket corresponding to the broken CPU Pin. Thus when the CPU is installed the pin inside the Motherboard's socket makes contact with the broken CPU pin. But you might end up ruining your motherboard if it doesn't work if you can't remove the install pin on the Motherboard's socket.

Also depends on the type of Motherboard socket you have.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

mdaibm, where did you get the name of the pin? Make sure the pin is not stuck in the socket. Why did you remove the processor? John.

EDIT: I cannot find a description of the AMD AM4 pins but I suspect that is a memory pin. So it should fail POST with a memory error.

0 Likes