cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

HawkatHeart
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon Graphics software show extremely high amerage

Hello, first post here.  I am working with a brand new laptop with the Ryzen 5 4500u processor and while streaming a baseball game/casting with Google I just decided to take a look at the software included withh the Ryzen unit and saw that the amperage shown was EXTREMELY high.  In fact I would say impossible values.  Note, I had no thing else running besides Google and the streaming/casting.  As you can see in the pic attached, the amperage shown for the Ryzen 5 processor was 45 amps, 10 watts and the system seemed a bit warm at 81 degrees C (roughly 178 degrees F) Now 45 amp draw is impossible, as it would trip the household circuit breaker.  I looked carefully for a decimal point in there but none.  Normal operating amp draw is 20- 38 or so, higher at times maybe but I have seen say that the apms is 50.  That value was maybe more as teh braph only goes to 50, dont know about the digital number.  Also would expect smoke arising from the laptop and my power cord to be melting etc etc.  Also included in teh pics is a shot of the poer adapter which shows amperage at 2.31A  45 Watts.  So I am assuming a bug in teh software but then temp up 81 degrees C would indicate a higher amperage usage vs normal.  Right now 32 Amps, 5 watts, 50 degrees C with 9 Firefox tabs open, Irfanview pic viewer, notepad and CPU-Z running versus what was shown above. Anyways, I have issued a bug report through that software but havent heart back at all, dont know if they do respond. 

Ok required info; 

HP Pavilion 15-eh0050wm laptop, less than a month old

Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon Graphics (6 CPUs), ~2.4GHz    (Vega 7)?

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

Radeon Software:  21.5.2

Motherboard:  HP  Model 87C5 PCI-Express 4.0

Bios:  AMI F.10 (11/3/20)

Adapter: HP (?) see pic 2.3 amp, 45 watt

Memory: Hynix DDR4 PC4-25600 • CL=22 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR4-3200 • 1.2V • 1024Meg x 64 8gb (2x4gb)

Thats about ut methinks. havent reall TRIEDD to "reproduce", but have checked at various times and have seen it up in the low 40s at times and as I said rarely ever see it below mid 20s and range is up to 35 and yes higher at times. Graphics settings thru the Radeon software are set to standard, 1980x1020 resolution withh 60hz refresh rate.

Thats about I guess.. appreciate any input, again, cant see howScreenshot (5).png

Adapter.jpg

these numbers can be real...

Thx

0 Likes
0 Replies