cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Armourfire
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 safe temps

It is listed that the max temp is 95c but are temps close or just under that safe for daily use?

0 Likes
1 Solution

yes, as long as it doesn't go above 95c you can run it long term. The processor has been engineered to run at 95c or below safely for long periods of time.

But generally, in my opinion, the cooler your processor runs the better in the long term. So I would try to keep the processor temps at least 85c or lower under all loads if possible. That way you have some leeway in case the CPU Cooler starts going bad.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

yes, as long as it doesn't go above 95c you can run it long term. The processor has been engineered to run at 95c or below safely for long periods of time.

But generally, in my opinion, the cooler your processor runs the better in the long term. So I would try to keep the processor temps at least 85c or lower under all loads if possible. That way you have some leeway in case the CPU Cooler starts going bad.

0 Likes

Thank you, you wouldn't believe the amount of false answers for such a simple question

0 Likes