cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

officer_sargent
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 constantly overclocked at idle and active, increased temps.

Hello all I recently built my first pc about 5 months ago, so my CPU is relatively new. (Ryzen 5 3600 base) No matter what I do whether it's uninstall apps ore minimize usage my CPU is constantly over clocking by 500 MH while idle and at a consistent 70 degrees C. I've run each type of Windows Security scan and uninstalled "potentially dangerous apps". I've taken my case panels off and put most apps to paused till my new case arrives and extra fans. Is this normal to be overclocking and burning hot at idle? I read that increased CPU temps increases the electric sensitivity and so forth. Now granted I have 1 fan and 2 vents in my case, BUT, I'm not sure it should be running that hot at idle no matter the airflow. Please any help or advice means more then you know.

0 Likes
1 Solution
gen242
Adept III

Hi, I would suggest the 100% permanently is not normal. 
a couple of things to check:

1) if you are running windows do you have a power management profile loaded? Ie. Performance, economy etc. This may have an influence.

2) open the task manager (Carl, alt, del last item in the list) and look in the processes tab you should see here if there are any aberrant programs running full bore on your machine.

3) have you made any modifications in the bios? If so perhaps consider a reset to default to be sure there are no errors here.

i hope something here helps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
gen242
Adept III

Hi, I would suggest the 100% permanently is not normal. 
a couple of things to check:

1) if you are running windows do you have a power management profile loaded? Ie. Performance, economy etc. This may have an influence.

2) open the task manager (Carl, alt, del last item in the list) and look in the processes tab you should see here if there are any aberrant programs running full bore on your machine.

3) have you made any modifications in the bios? If so perhaps consider a reset to default to be sure there are no errors here.

i hope something here helps