cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

easloan
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3400G processor info please

Hello all. I'm new to the forum with a question. I would like to know what the "AX  2026PGS" means that is printed on the cpu.

I am having trouble with my HP computer after a local lightning strike and I replaced the power supply, motherboard, and now the cpu. The motherboard and cpu were used. I am not getting anything on my monitors and can't get to the bios, although the fans and dvd function.

The cpu I bought on eBay has a number printed on it: AX 2026PGS and my old one has: Ax 2020PGS. Wondering what the difference may be, if any. Thanks, Ed

0 Likes
1 Solution

I believe that is AMD Product ID number.

The "AX" and "PGS" might represent where it was manufactured and the "2020" is the date of Manufacture.

I believe 2020 represent the year 2020 and made on the 20th week of the year while 2026 represents 2020 made in the 26th week of that year.

EDIT: Finally found the Reddit Thread where a User explains the AMD Batch Number on the AMD Processor. It the same thing i mentioned:

Screenshot 2022-04-19 070908.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

I believe that is AMD Product ID number.

The "AX" and "PGS" might represent where it was manufactured and the "2020" is the date of Manufacture.

I believe 2020 represent the year 2020 and made on the 20th week of the year while 2026 represents 2020 made in the 26th week of that year.

EDIT: Finally found the Reddit Thread where a User explains the AMD Batch Number on the AMD Processor. It the same thing i mentioned:

Screenshot 2022-04-19 070908.png

0 Likes

Thank you very much for that information. That answered my question perfectly. Thanks again,