cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cckdibble
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2400G with tomahawk b350 motherboard. update 18.5.1 splits or causes half screen to go fuzzy of blank. tried 3x installs. (win 10 64X, BIOS set to UEFI, Fresh install 3x with same issue.

Hi Team,

I really need help on this one - just built my desktop PC with Ryzen 5 2400G and trying to update 3 x always causes screen to go fuzzy.  no graphics card is used - screen plugin is direct from the motherboard. works fine until I update this driver, and does not matter the sequence if first or last to install the driver. Does not matter if cable to screen is using DVI, VGA, or HDMI -  they all do the same issue which has the screen going half showing or fully pink or gray. Currently using the auto AMD installer from the site installs 18.5.1 - which sends me into the same loop - so just sticking to the MSI website for now which uses 18.10.  has anyone else had this issue?

Currently using one 4GB 2400 RAM (going to upgrade it to 16gb, but holding off if I have to get another processor if the driver does not work.  playing paladins gets around 20 FPS. my laptop does 40 FPS no issue, so suspect the integrated graphics are not working right.  BIOS is set to use integrated graphics. currently 500mb forced - this helps me troubleshoot issues. no point buying more ram if this cannot be sorted.

Appreciate it if someone knows how to fix this.

0 Likes
1 Reply
kbizzle
Adept I

Its not necessarily that the GPU isn't working right but it seems there could be some driver compatibility issues across the board on these chips right now. Personally, the fact you are only using 4gb of ram is my first guess on your current issues, especially the fps issues. The APU uses system RAM for both graphics and for system. In intensive situations, the GPU will use as much as 2gb in order to process graphics. Which leaves the rest of the system with 2gb. I cant tell you of any system on the market that would run 2gb in gaming without a multitude of issues. Upgrade your RAM to the 16gb you were speaking of. Sit back and wait for the progression of drivers. This is somewhat bleeding edge for AMD. A lot of the current motherboards on the market are being bandaided into working with this chip, even though they weren't initially meant for them. It may take time to fix the kinks across the market for compatibility. Otherwise, you may have to look into going the standard route of hardware that has been known and tested for years.

0 Likes