cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

RadW
Journeyman III

RYZEN 3900x WHEA-Logger A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Hi,

I had several hard reboots today while gaming and I found this in the event log for each crash:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

I've had 2 crashes few days ago right after a Windows update so I thought that was why. Is my CPU damaged or is there a solution to this?

It works ok most of the time. It idles around 62C, in prime95 it peaks at 85C during small FTT test and stays around 75-77C on the blend test. It did crash during the first prime run, second lasted about 5 minutes before I stopped it.

0 Likes
1 Reply
joelthompsons
Journeyman III

Hi there,

Based on the information you provided, it seems like your system is experiencing a Machine Check Exception error, which can be caused by a variety of hardware issues including CPU, memory, motherboard, and power supply problems.

It's hard to say for sure whether your CPU is damaged or not, but the fact that you're experiencing crashes during gaming and under load suggests that it could be a possibility. That being said, there are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue before considering replacing your CPU.

First, you may want to check your system's memory using Windows Memory Diagnostic or Memtest86, as faulty RAM can sometimes cause these types of errors. You can also try updating your motherboard's BIOS and chipset drivers to ensure they're up to date.

If those steps don't help, you could also try running stress tests on your system using software like AIDA64 or OCCT to see if you can replicate the issue and narrow down the potential hardware culprit.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be worth considering contacting your CPU manufacturer's support team for further assistance or even potentially replacing the CPU if it's still under warranty.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

0 Likes