cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sarohan
Newcomer

Ryzen 2700x High temps gaming with AIO Cooler

Hello there, I have recently completed my first custom PC build. I wonder if these temps are normal or should i do something about thermal paste or water cooler ?

My idle temps are around 38-45c sometimes it goes up to 50 or higher..  I read it was causing by core performance boost.
I did not any overlock. Only xmp2 enabled to ram fre. 3200mhz Core boost enabled, other setting are defult. My gaming temps are 60-67c. Is that normal ?
Here is my detailed system specs: 
Msi x470 gaming plus am4
Corsair vengeance 3200mhz 
Deep cool maelstorm 240t
Corsair carbide 275r

These are my current fan curve settings and temps.

0 Likes
5 Replies
aggrophobik
Journeyman III

I idle as low as 26c-36c w/ a Kraken x62 no OC. My gaming temps run around 40-55c.

2700X default settings

Kraken X62 (Performance Mode)

Asus Prime X470-Pro

16GB TridentZ RGB @ 3200MHz

NZXT H500i

0 Likes

sarohan, please post a Ryzen Master (RM) screenshot using the Forum camera icon at the top of the reply window.  No need for external links.  Here are your specifications:2700X.jpg

Your maximum is 85C, so you are probably OK.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

ryzen.jpgThanks for responds. Here is the ryzen master screen.

0 Likes

Sorry, sarohan, I missed your post.  It looks fine to me.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

For comparison, my 1800X overclocked to 4ghz idles at 26-30*C (depending on ambient room temps), games in the 40s, and tops out in the mid 60s during full 8 core extended stress, such as when I'm encoding videos for days. Granted I'm using a more powerful cooler, the Corsair H115i. Idling at 2200mhz at 0.8v and still in the 40s is elevated but not dangerous in any way.

Also, did you mount that radiator so it draws in outside air to exhaust through the rear, and install two more 120mm fans in the front? If not then the temps of your other components can suffer, especially RAM and anything covered by the motherboard heatsinks, including NVMe drives, as well a the GPU as there is no real airflow pattern. You don't have side or bottom intakes, so you could be dealing with a positive pressure situation inside your case.

Yours

Mine

0 Likes