Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

davegriff44
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2600x Extreme stuttering in Firefox and Chrome

Hi Everyone.

Im at the end of my tether with a new build ive completed and thought id ask the community if anyone has a clue what is going on!

I've recently built a gaming rig consisting of:

Ryzen 2600x 

MSI Gaming plus x470 

Samsung Evo 970 m.2 NVME 

Corsair TX650m Power supply 

Corsair vengeance 3000mhz RGB ram

Zotac rtx 2060

I'll post a video of the issue here - Computer Problem 13/03 - YouTube 

Since the build has been assembled ive been having problems with video in chrome (with hardware acceleration on) and major stuttering in all of Firefox (with or without hardware acceleration on). Ive also had lighting problems in the games ARK Survival Evolved and Anthem.

Things ive tried so far - 

RMA the graphics card and got a replacement - Gigabyte gaming oc rtx 2060

RMA the motherboard - Changed for the MSI gaming carbon pro

Installed windows 10 onto different sata hdd

Checked ram one stick at a time - Currently running 16GB in dual channel as per motherboard instructions

Overcloked/AXMP the ram to 3000mz also left at stock motherboard values 

countless different driver versions

Different/Previous versions of windows 10 

With and without chip set drivers

with and without windows updates

different power modes in windows 

Wireless and wired internet connection

Different HDMI cables and monitor

And still the issue persists..... Im loosing my mind! 

Im starting to think its the CPU misbehaving but wanted to ask on here first before reaching out to AMD (just outside of the Retailers 30 day returns policy Dang!)

Any Help Would be greatly appreciated

Dave

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

davegriff44, looks like you have a jumping screen problem all the time.  My Firefox options certainly do not jump like that and have all the weird Chinese characters.  Where did you get your copy of Windows and exactly what it is, including patch level.  First I would encourage you to install a fresh copy of W10 X64 (DLed from MS), do a Clear CMOS using instructions in your Manual and use only Normal settings everywhere.  This is debug-able, your weird settings everywhere are not.  Once it is running with all normal settings, then have fun with all the OCing and super settings you wish.  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM).  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
davegriff44
Journeyman III

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me, My copy of windows was from the Microsoft creation tool on their website made a botable USB stick. The version im running is Windows 10 Home 64Bit 1809 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 (have also tried 1804 as you can download it and make it into a botable file using rufus)

Followed your instructions and here is a screenshot of ryzen master in windows 'balanced' power state.

Ryzen master.jpg

Thanks,

Dave

0 Likes

davegriff44, if you will open a Run Dialog or a Command Prompt and type winver you will see what you have posted plus the patch level.  Currently at 348 on my system.  I have seen nothing like your video.  Since you have changed almost all your HW, I recommend you open an AMD Online Support ticket.  RM looks fine and your W10 install sounds fine.  Maybe you could learn something by removing one application at a time and see it fixes it.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Brill thanks for the help john!

I'm In touch with amd now to see if they can take a look at the unit.

Just a quick last question if they send a different processer do I need to do anything or just plug it in and away to go.

Thanks

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

davegriff44, a new processor of the same model should just plug right in.  Please let us hear.  Sure hope it corrects the problems.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
mpw
Adept II

Did you solve this with the replacement?

0 Likes