Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

MLXIX
Journeyman III

Received defective CPU from RMA

Hello,

I have made some posts before in help for a RMA. It lasted 3 weeks, only to get a defective CPU.

My previous asus motherboard fried itself so I sent back everything, including the RAM.

I rebuilt the system and used the CPU received from RMA, which is completely busted. I did countless days of testing and borrowed friends' systems to do additional testing with every component separately... so much time wasted.

I filed a new RMA and support does everything in their power to not replace it.

What are my options here?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Other than you were unlucky in receiving a faulty replacement.

Overclock.net has a dedicated thread on the x3d models, maybe they can help sort out your core cycler issue.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

Other than you were unlucky in receiving a faulty replacement.

Overclock.net has a dedicated thread on the x3d models, maybe they can help sort out your core cycler issue.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
MLXIX
Journeyman III

I don't know about unlucky. It seems the x3d chips are defective. I should have done better research myself. I will stick to other manufacturers that know how to make stable and quality hardware and software.

"You've tried the best, now try the rest" should be AMD's slogan.

0 Likes