Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Teadrinker
Adept I

Random BSODs 7900X3D Windows 7 MSI B650 board

Hello

Can anyone please help me with these BSODs I randomly get:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (mostly this) and also MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

When this is about to happen, screen freezes for about 10 seconds then BSOD appears though it is not readable (it keeps flashing and is not comprehensible) but nirsoft BlueScreenView shows these 2 errors and also says ntoskrnl.exe is the cause...

These errors sometimes doesn't happen for days and sometimes happen 2-3 times a day..

How can I make sure it is not GPU driver issue? (it is also AMD GPU)

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Teadrinker
Adept I

I have solved this issue. Problem was my RAM frequency was too high. I lowered it to 6200 Mhz (from 6400) and so far no BSOD has happened (for past 7 days).

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Need more PC information concerning your GPU card, RAM Part Number, MSI Motherboard Make & Model, and Windows OS version install especially if it is Windows 7.

First there are no Windows 7 drivers for your Integrated Graphics on your processor. Only Windows 10/11 are available.

Once you post the Make & Model of your GPU card & Motherboard and RAM Part Number I might be able to help with some suggestions.

0 Likes
Teadrinker
Adept I

Thank you for your response.

GPU: 6900 XT (with last Win 7 driver)

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk (BIOS: 7D75v174(Beta version) AGESA ComboPI 1.0.0.7c 2023-08-04)

RAM: CMH32GX5M2B6400C36 (XMP enabled)

Also iGPU, ReBAR, 4G decoding, Wi-Fi and Asmedia SATA controller are disabled, MCR is enabled and RAM POWER DOWN is enabled too to make PC boot fast (had same BSODs when they were disabled as well although I think less frequent... not sure really)

Teadrinker
Adept I

I have solved this issue. Problem was my RAM frequency was too high. I lowered it to 6200 Mhz (from 6400) and so far no BSOD has happened (for past 7 days).