R9 5900x

Mobo Asus TUF x570-Plus/BR

Memory G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 2x16

PSU Xpg Core 1300

Noctua NH-D15-SE

VGA RTX 3080 Ti Zotac Trinity ZT-A30810D-10P

All on stock values

CPUZCPUZ

This setup worked for about 6 months without the slightest inconvenience, but since then it has not gone without crashing at least once a day. I've already updated the drivers and Bios directly from the Asus website, with no results. W10 version 22H2, build 1904.3155.

At first, the event log showed the classic WHEA ID 18, but after a while, it didn't even show any errors, just the standard startup logs. Now, not even that is showing, every time it restarts, it shows that the log has been deleted. I already installed W10 from scratch twice thinking it was a software problem, but nothing has changed.

I already tried using another PSU, VGA and compatible memories that I had for testing, but the error persists in all scenarios. CPU and MOBO I don't have any similar for testing. It simply reboots, no error, no warning, just blacks out and the MOBO boot screen appears.

I'm really out of ideas, I need some help if possible.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

are you using any cable extenders INSIDE your case? .. ie .. PCIe riser cable .. power cable extenders and/or custom PSU cables .. etc..?

What are you plugged into? UPS? straight to the wall?

Is the firmware on your SSD's up to date?

Does it crash with the following disabled:

PBO disabled

CPB disabled

DOCP disabled

C-States disabled

Above 4G Decoding/Re-Size Bar disabled

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I don't have any extenders connected to the board, all cables are directly connected to the PSU and the VGA is directly connected to the MOBO as well.

And yes PSU is directly connected to the wall too.

The DOCP I had already tested, turned it on or off, it keeps crashing. The other options I turned off and will test, soon post the result.

PS.: 4G decoding and RE-Size Bar were already disabled.

Edit: I updated the firmware on my primary SSD. My secondary I bought a little while ago, a little after the PC started to crash, so I believe it's not him. But if it keeps crashing, I will remove it just for testing.

0 Likes

I tested almost three hours of Cyberpunk with these settings and it didn't crash once, but on the other hand it knocked almost 20 fps out of the game. The VGA does not exceed 90% usage, while before it was 99%.
It's frustrating to see that to work smoothly I have to cut the performance. Is there any reason for this to happen? I think there's no reason for me to insist on this processor if to run it smooth I'll need to cut it to the level of my old 3900.
Maybe it's defective or is it the motherboard?

0 Likes