Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Dottore1985
Journeyman III

r7 7800 x3d temperatures

Good morning,
I wanted to get some advice, I have some doubts,
These days I created my first build with AMD.
I have in my possession a 7800x3d
With Deepcool ls LS520 heatsink, all on a MSI b650m pro(last bios update).
I cannot understand how it is possible that the processor temperature already in the bios reaches 85 degrees. All the MB settings are the stock ones. i have taken out and put back the heatsink by putting Artic MX-6 coolpast. the situation is even worse.

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

That kind of temperature in BIOS is too much even for a 240.

I would check if the cooler is working properly. Is the tubing going to the radiator hot? Can you increase pump speed and listen closely if it makes any sound?

But I believe you should have a 280 or 360 AIO instead.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

According to Amazon the Deepcool Ls L5520 has a TDP Rating of 280 Watts:

DeepCool LS520 240mm AIO 280w TDP 4th Gen Dual Chamber Pump 240mm Liquid Cooler Anti-Leak Aura SYNC ARGB PWM Fan 85.85CFM Airflow with Customizable Infinity Mirror LGA1700/1200/1151/1150 AMD AM4/AM5

According to AMD Specs your Processor is rated at a TDP of 120 Watts with a Maximum Operating Temperature of 89c.

So if BIOS is showing a Temp at start up with no Windows loaded and very little load on the processor while in BIOS and almost overheating at 85c to me indicates your either have a defective AIO CPU Cooler or it is installed incorrectly.

I would make sure the AIO pump is running and you can feel the liquid running through the tubing. The AIO Fans are all running without any air flow obstructions.

The pump is well seated on top of the processor and it is tight and evenly installed. The Input tube should be slightly cooler than the output tubing on the pump which indicates that fluid is circulating.

Also the position of the Radiator is very important. Make sure you followed the manual's instruction on where to install the Radiator in your PC.

Thank you for answering, you saved my day.

0 Likes
Dottore1985
Journeyman III

good morning,
Thank you all for the answers,
I wanted to inform you that the probelma was of my disspiator which arrived failed,
I changed to the same model and now the temperatures are in line, 24 degrees in ide, 79 in full load.

thx for support