cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

darudevy
Adept I

R5 1600AF Low Cinebench Scores

Hi, are my 1600AF (stock) cinebench scores normal? The multi-core score worries me. It did not exceed 65 degrees during the test. My motherboard is B450M S2H. Im using 3000Mhz 8x2 HyperX memory.

r23multi.pngr23tek.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Okay then I wouldn't worry about it. Your Cine bench scores are close enough to the article's benchmark score.

Remember that everyone is going to get slightly different scores due to their PC setup when running Cine Bench.

I would set everything back to the way you had it configured before since you still got the same scores.

I would start worrying if your PC starts running slow or you have issues with certain apps etc.

I wouldn't put too much importance in the slight difference in scores you are getting. As long as you PC is running smoothly and without any obvious glitches than just use the score as a future bench mark to make sure your PC is running the same when you first took the Cine bench test.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

The Ryzen 5 1600AF is almost identical to the Ryzen 5 2600 processor but slightly slower as per this article:

Late last year a mysterious Ryzen 5 1600 refresh made it to market. Bizarrely, AMD released a really cheap version of the Ryzen 5 2600, but just called it the Ryzen 5 1600. Known as the "Ryzen 5 1600 AF" because of the box identification, it's very different to the original Ryzen 5 1600 AE model.

This processor website compares the 1600AF and the 2600 processor including Cinebench R23 scores for both as a comparison: https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-amd_ryzen_5_1600_af-vs-amd_ryzen_5_2600

Screenshot 2023-08-24 131244.png

NOTE: By your image of Cinebench, your processor has very slightly better results than the Cinebench results in the above image.

So I would say your processor is normal in performance.

Hi, thank you for your answer, but i think my processors multi core score is a little lower than the article. 6822 vs 6248. What do you think? Is it normal? Should i worry about it?

I wouldn't worry about it. Your scores are fairly close to the ones from the article. If they were off by 1000 points then maybe I would start finding out why.

Found this article that explains how to get the best scores using Cinebench: https://www.theverge.com/22983862/how-to-run-cinebench-pc-cpu-benchmarking

Basically make sure all background apps are not running during the test which will slow down your CPU.

Make sure your CPU is not overheating or being throttled by your motherboard by looking at Ryzen Master top icons. None should be in red.

But truthfully your scores are fairly close to the one from that article so I really don't see an issue. Your PC Setup might not be as good as the article's PC setup so theirs might have a better score.

Try running Cine bench 2 or 3 times whiles changing some Windows settings like your Windows Power plan.

Try running it in a Clean Windows desktop where all 3rd party apps are disabled except your GPU apps and see if you get a higher score.

Here how to enable a Clean Windows Desktop: How to perform a clean boot in Windows 

I did what you said. I changed the power plan to High performance, preformed clean boot... and scores are still the same. Actually i dont know what to do more. Even the cpu temps are normal. Maybe my mobo is not enough for 1600af. My rams are actually good for performance. 3000mhz 8x2 dual channel. So it should be good for ryzen chips.

Okay then I wouldn't worry about it. Your Cine bench scores are close enough to the article's benchmark score.

Remember that everyone is going to get slightly different scores due to their PC setup when running Cine Bench.

I would set everything back to the way you had it configured before since you still got the same scores.

I would start worrying if your PC starts running slow or you have issues with certain apps etc.

I wouldn't put too much importance in the slight difference in scores you are getting. As long as you PC is running smoothly and without any obvious glitches than just use the score as a future bench mark to make sure your PC is running the same when you first took the Cine bench test.