Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

amaiamai
Journeyman III

Question About vSoC on Ryzen 7700x

Greetings,

I have seen all of the EXPO issues that have recently affected Ryzen 7000 CPUs. I have kept my BIOS up-to-date and today a patch was released that finally fixed an issue with the MSI B650-P WIFI motherboard and my G. Skill RAM running EXPO.

Now only one slight issue remains, AMD has said that voltages should be limited to 1.3v for SoC. On the latest patch released today that gets the RAM to run at EXPO speeds, the SoC voltage is slightly higher than 1.3 at 1.310 - 1.312 with the AUTO profile. It will not boot the RAM at 1.25 or 1.3, only on AUTO can the profile be used.

Is this significant variation or is it okay to leave it as is? I know that tolerances are usually in a margin of error, but I would rather not make an assumption

Thanks,

AA

Edit: Nevermind system not stable even with that setting, RAM issue with those Samsung kits and that board does not seem to be resolved. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,

You tried lowering the CPU SOC voltage to 1.25 and did not boot? If so, something could still be off, like any manual value you enter could be preventing the post.

I would try loading another EXPO profile, some boards have 2 or 3. Normally EXPO I and II (plus one more depending on the manufacturer).

Or... use Manual instead of EXPO and set speed, timings and VDDQ voltage to what the vendor says.

Another thing you could try is Memory Context Restore from AUTO to DISABLED to force memory training.

As for the voltage you currently have, I'm sorry, I think my personal opinion is not a good opinion, I can run rock solid EXPO 6000 on 1,18v-1,2v vSOC

Good Luck

HOW TO VIDEO 

The Englishman
0 Likes