cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Baker93
Journeyman III

Q code 00

I've recently relocated abroad and took my desktop pc as carryon. I used instapack foam and packaged greatly. No mishaps and smooth transport the entire journey.  I took out the power supply for weight reasons but left the rest in tact.

I just tried to boot up my system in the new country and my motherboard says q code 00. 

I've cleared the CMOS and changed the ram slots. Even reseated the CPU and after all this still 00. Please help

0 Likes
2 Replies
Baker93
Journeyman III

That's had already been resolved. Turns out the CPU power cable was loose on the motherboard. How stupid of me

dcerisano
Journeyman III

I got the dreaded 00 a few times after sudden power outages which can corrupt many mobo settings.

A hard reset can only be ensured reseating the battery. Hold down the case power and reset buttons for a few seconds while the battery is out. This grounds the mobo which ensures any residual power to pins is cleared.

Soft clearing functions and fancy CMOS buttons don't always completely clear ALL settings. The battery is used to persist some chipset settings. Eg. SuperIO settings may not clear unless ALL power to the system is removed.

0 Likes