cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rodrigoef
Journeyman III

Problems with TPM on Ryzen 5 3600

Hi, I'm trying to activate bitlocker for my PC, but I'm having problems with TPM. The fTPM is active in BIOS

ftpm.jpg

Inside Windows, I have an error with the certificate (my windos is in PT-BR). Below Status, it says the certificate is not ready and storage is ready.

certificate.jpg

Then, the trobleshooting says the certificate is not ready and I need to clear the TPM and restart the computer. I click on "Clear TPM" and, then, the windows restart.

ClearTPM.JPG

But, after the new inicialization, the problem persists. Certificate: Not ready.

certificate2.jpg

Could it be a problem with the hardware itself?

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hej,

If you haven't done this, give it a try.

Disable it in the BIOS as it will erase the contents of fTPM. Restart Windows.
Check Device Manager and make sure TPM is not there under security devices, if it is, delete it. Restart and re-enable and restart again.

Sorry if it doesn't help, although, I think Bitlocker should have a workaround and work without TPM. (Check YouTube for a tutorial)

The Englishman
0 Likes

It didn't work. TPM disapear from the security menu when disabled. Disabled and re-enabled and the certificate issue persists. I will try to find a solution, but it looks like a hardware problem.

0 Likes

If you have the header on the board, maybe adding a physical TPM chip instead of fTPM.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/Accessories/TPM-M-R2-0/

The Englishman
0 Likes
Oldbike1879
Journeyman III

try to update your motherboard bios version, it worked for me

0 Likes