cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

KLSS
Adept I

Problems with multitask and frequency drops

When I play, I want to turn on the music in google chrome  or any programms and when I do this, after a while, the processor frequency starts to drop sharply to 300-400 MHz at all cores. Example: I play Dota 2 fps 130-140 I turn on the video or more than 2-3 programs in the background and it starts to quickly drop to 20, same for cs and valorant. All updates latest, windows 11 22h2. OMEN 16.1 Inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-C0000 32Gb RAM, Ryzen 5800h 

0 Likes
1 Solution

I solved the problem simply by disabling hardware acceleration, thanks for support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

KLSS, please post all the components of your system. Does it come back to life if you plug in your charger? I do not care for HWinfo but post a screenshot of it during the problem. You did not post your processor model but I assume Ryzen Master (RM) does not work on you system. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I wrote everything, and the laptop model and processor model, read above, all updates are latest and all components are new 

0 Likes

KLSS, I have little information about your system (Processor?) and no requested screenshot to look into, so nothing to give me a hint. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

KLSS_0-1673705979616.png

0 Likes

Thanks, KLSS. This looks like the summary screen. Your system looks like it is running well (is it?). Can you please post a Sensor screenshot  when you are having a slow down? I DLed HWinfo portable version (same as yours) and ran it but it looks different. Is yours Pro or did you install yours? Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I solved the problem simply by disabling hardware acceleration, thanks for support

0 Likes