cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

crashAMD
Journeyman III

Persistent Graphics Driver Crashes with 7800x3d

System specs are listed at the end of the post. My PC has been experiencing consistent graphics driver crashes, especially after switching from Ubuntu to Windows 11 Pro. Initially, I thought it was due to using an old GPU (r9 290), but the drivers still crashed after switching to integrated graphics. Stability improved slightly after using DDU in safe mode for driver removal and installing new Adrenalin software, yet crashes continue. Tests like Memtest and Prime95 appear to show no RAM or CPU problems. I am not playing games or doing anything intensive right now. Just browsing and using sketchup etc

This thread has a very similar issue to me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/1am2ndl/graphics_driver_of_new_pc_keeps_crashing_amd/

Has anyone experienced this or have any tips to troubleshoot further?

As a side note, my switch to windows was due to a weird bug. If I did not have my main monitor on during booting, ubuntu would take a long time to load and would then be extremely sluggish (around 5 seconds to respond to a keypress for example). Only fix was to restart and make sure monitor was not in standby- A very odd bug!

System Specs:

CPU 7800x3d

Corsair Vengeance Grey 64GB 6000MHz expo

MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

Corsair RM1000e

WD_BLACK SN850X m2 NVME

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

crashAMD, did you get all AMD drivers from here? Please post a few entries for crashes from the Event View, Details tab. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hello misterj, yep I got the drivers from there. From Event view, the warning I get is:

"Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Here is a screenshot from details tab:

Screenshot 2024-03-04 210537.png

There are quite a lot of other events in event viewer, they mostly do not seem relevant to this and 15+ minutes before the crash.

Thanks!

0 Likes

crashAMD, you need to do a filter to see only Critical errors.

0 Likes