Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nice546
Adept I

New Ryzen 7600x high temperature

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my computer for the first time to a Ryzen 7600x.

Whilst I changing some settings in the UEFI, i have noticed the idling temperature of the cpu was around 50°C.

Because I thought this was a high temperature, I reapplied thermalpaste to the CPU.

Whilst starting an application in Windows I noticed in HWmonitor that my CPU had reached 95.1°C. I have read the cpu throttles down to reduce the heat.

In my opinion it is quite weird that my cooling is not sufficient enough, since I have a pretty big cooler tower.

The following HWmonitor shows the data after playing Rainbow Six Siege.

nice546_0-1696365201642.png

Can anyone tell me if these temperatures are normal?

My specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600x

GPU: GTX 970

Motherboard: ASUS ROG B650-PLUS WIFI

CPU-cooler: Dark Rock 4 (be quiet)

1 Solution

80 is about fine, my 7900x is giving me 75-77 degrees at 5.1ghz and 1.065 volts, 128 watts. I am not sure about the cinebench score as i dont have the CPU but i guess it is higher than the stock settings. If you are happy with the performance at current speed just leave it like that, You should now get around 35-40 degrees on idle and 50 degrees while gaming.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Angeluk
Challenger

What are your temperatures during gaming? Your cooling is fine. You may be interested try undervolting. Let us know how it goes.

0 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for the reply!

My temperatures during gaming (rainbow six siege), whilst only using maximally 20 percent of the CPU, are between 67 and 81 degrees Celsius. 

Is it difficult to undervolt? Should I use a tutorial?

Kind regards!

Hello, These temps are usual for most recent series ryzen CPU, however it is best if you undervolt your CPU, this will reduce temps with about 20 degrees and give you better performance. Download ryzen master, and cinebench r23. watch a youtube tutorial. Fix your voltage at 1.1 volts and frequency at 3.8ghz. Then test with cinebench and watch the temps. Afterwards start playing with voltage and frequency until you find the sweetspot for your CPU, you can try increasing frequency with  a step of 100mhz and voltage with 0.1 or 0.05 volts. You must get temperatures around 60-75 degrees under 100% workload(cinebench test) and about 50 degrees while gaming, 35-40 degrees idle. Let us know how it goes.

Hi,

I have tried using the Ryzen master program. Because I couldn't immidiately find the underclocking procedure, I have used the 'per core' curve optimizer mode.

The first time, I had a blue screen of death at every boot, which noted that a digital signature could not be checked (error code: 0xc0000428).

After this is went into the bios and loaded default values. This solved the problem. So I tried one more time to optimize and this worked.

The temperatures at idling are about 40°C, and when running Cinebench it is in the 80's (see the attached photos). Though I do think the cinebench scores are quite bad?

Are these temperatures low enough or should I try to manually reduce even further?

Kind regards!Cinebench23_EndResult.pngTemp.png

80 is about fine, my 7900x is giving me 75-77 degrees at 5.1ghz and 1.065 volts, 128 watts. I am not sure about the cinebench score as i dont have the CPU but i guess it is higher than the stock settings. If you are happy with the performance at current speed just leave it like that, You should now get around 35-40 degrees on idle and 50 degrees while gaming.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hey,

Temperatures will greatly depend on several factors. Room ambient temperature, type of case, cooler, fan placement or type of fan and so on.

Since my idle temp on a 7950X is 7C bellow yours I would say you should check other factors, other than thermal paste.

Does your case has a glass front, that can raise temps a little bit.

Is the room temps around 25-30, consider HVAC maybe.

Do you have lots of fans, you could have some air turbulence inside.

Offset undervolting is always an effective option.

Also, your picture shows 83C max, that is well within safe operating range and won't throttle but for me, its too high for my taste.

My take,give it a shot at offset undervolting and/or curve optimizer.

The Englishman

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

My case should be an Antec Gx505 window (quite old)

The front panel of my case only has a mesh. And I have the 3 standard fans from te case activated. One in the front, one on the side (both pushing air in) and one in the upper back, right behind the CPU cooler blowing outwards.

My room temperature was not extremely high (about 22deg)

I'll try the undervolting option!

Kind regards!

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hey,

Temperatures will greatly depend on several factors. Room ambient temperature, type of case, cooler, fan placement or type of fan and so on.

Since my idle temp on a 7950X is 7C bellow yours I would say you should check other factors, other than thermal paste.

Does your case has a glass front, that can raise temps a little bit.

Is the room temps around 25-30, consider HVAC maybe.

Do you have lots of fans, you could have some air turbulence inside.

Offset undervolting is always an effective option.

Also, your picture shows 83C max, that is well within safe operating range and won't throttle but for me, its too high for my taste.

My take,give it a shot at offset undervolting and/or curve optimizer.

The Englishman
0 Likes