cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rchoffert
Journeyman III

Need Help and I don't know what else to do

I will start at the beginning. At the beginning of April I built a new PC. Here are the system specs: Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX, Ryzen 7 7700X, Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Air Cooler, Corsair 64GB 5200Mhz DDR5 RAM kit, MSI Radeon RX 6650 XT MECH 2x 8G OC graphics card, Crucial P3 Plus 1TB NVMe SSD and an ARESGAME AGV Series 750W Power Supply. Got everything put together and windows loaded and was working great. It took me about a month to get everything transferred and set up while still on my test bench. I turned everything off, unplugged everything and moved it to my work desk. Plugged everything back if and turned it on and got nothing. I contacted Gigabyte, Corsair and AMD and they all gave me several troubleshooting tips to try. Spends days trying everything they advised. Ended up sending the MOBO back to Gigabyte, Corsair replaced the memory and today I just received the replacement CPU from AMD. I replaced the power supply in case that was the issue too. While waiting for the replacement CPU, I ordered a new MSI motherboard and a set of Teamgroup RAM in case I needed it.

Today with the new CPU I got the Gigabyte MOBO set up with just the NVMe drive, CPU with fan and the Corsair RAM. The only other things plugged into the MOBO are the mouse and keyboard along with one DVI monitor. I jumped the power pins to turn it on and the CPU fans come on and the DRAM LED on the MOBO comes on. I try cycling the RAM sticks one at a time as advised before and nothing happens. I pull the Corsair RAM and replace it with the Teamgroup RAM. Get the same results. So I was thinking that the MOBO was still bad and I swapped it out for the MSI MOBO and got the same results with the MSI MOBO as the Gigabyte MOBO but instead of just the DRAM LED light coming on I get the CPU and DRAM LED lights on the MOBO.

I am not sure what else to try. I have basically rebuilt the PC from the ground up and can't seem to get anything to work.

9 Replies

I actually had something similar. I moved across country.  It ended up being my power supply.  Even though the power supply tested as fine. It wasn’t powering my gpu nor my MOBO.  That was the cheapest option to fix so I replaced it and everything worked fine as if I had no problems.  

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB
Angeluk
Challenger

I had similar problem about 12 years ago, it was the PSU, what get a decent brand psu, like corsair or seasonic, you must be fine...

ThreeDee
Paragon

I have the B650m Aorus elite AX in my daughters setup with a 7600 .. I ran it with a 7950x .. both setups had good power supplies (Corsair HX 1200 80+ Platinum in mine, EVGA GQ 850wtt 80+ Gold in hers)

I had issues with some Gskill Samsung chipped RAM .. replaced with Gskill Hynix chipped RAM and no more issues

I could still get it to boot though with Samsung sticks though .. 

ARESGAME PSU's are not known for quality so just throwing that out there

After clearing the CMOS on the motherboard with the power disconnected and then plugging it back in .. are you giving it enough time to boot up? .. it can take a few to several minutes sometimes for that initial post

ThreeDee PC specs

Aresgame psu is tier F according to https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
_Poteba_
Journeyman III

To troubleshoot your issue, I suggest you follow these steps:

• Use the USB BIOS FlashBack function to update the BIOS to the latest version (not BETA) available on your motherboard website. You don’t need to insert CPU, RAM, SSD, or GPU for this process.
  • Check if your PSU and electrical network are compatible with your system. You may need to replace your PSU with a higher quality one, such as XPG Core Reactor 650W, Thermaltake Toughpower PF1 650W, Corsair RM750x (2021), EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G7, or Cooler Master V750 Gold V2.
  • Make sure there are no parts that could cause a short circuit in the case (this is very rare, but possible).
  • be patient in the first boot of the motherboard, it can take several minutes to train the RAM on new AMD platforms

I hope this helps you solve your problem. Let me know if you have any other questions.

you just look funny...

0 Likes
BrolyChibi
Journeyman III

try another ssd with windows, or if you have a lot of storage drives attached, just leave the one with OS, it might be a UEFI issue.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I agree with the majority here - the PSU sounds like a defective unit.  I never go cheap with the PSU.  I recommend a name brand CPU with 750 Watts, Gold+ or better rating and I bet you'll soon realize that all the other parts are fine.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

PSU is the most important unit in a PC config, if your voltage and current is not distributed properly this will cause instability with your system. Absolutely no point to save 50$. for 120 dollars you could get seasonic 750 watts gold. and save yourself some trouble And I am pretty sure you dont really need 64gigs of ram with this machine, so you could probably save a chunk from there and just get a decent PSU and invest a little more for CPU and get 7900x