cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jfadams52
Journeyman III

Motherboard compatibility chart

Maximum frustration here.. Purchased a Ryzen 7 2700 a while back and a MSI x470 Gaming Plus motherboard which are apparently incompatible with each other. How can I confirm which motherboards will work with this CPU?

0 Likes
5 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

Full CPU compatibility lists are supplied by the manufacturers.

Support For X470 GAMING PLUS | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

The 2700 is listed with the oldest bios.

You should contact MSI support if it's not working.

0 Likes

The 400 series chipset motherboards shipped with support for Ryzen 2000 series processors, so they are compatible.

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Huh? Really

0 Likes

According to MSI Support for your Motherboard, The original 1st BIOS version (7B79vA0) that was shipped out with the board supports the Ryzen 7 2700 Processor: Support For X470 GAMING PLUS | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

What could be incompatible is your RAM MEMORY or defective Motherboard or CPU.

But then again you never went into details as to why you believe the CPU is incompatible with your motherboard.

0 Likes
jfadams52
Journeyman III

Thank you to those who have replied.   I looked all over the support site and couldn't find this.

I am a little vague now on what happened, but I I had had a previous mismatch on a Ryzen 5, something to do with the video, motherboard and case size.

I'm pretty sure from the responses that my CPU and motherboard will work.

Thanks again!

0 Likes