Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

saga3475
Adept II

Memory Size Ryzen 3 2200G on B450 Motherboard

Hello,

how much Memory Size can i set up to a Ryzen 3 2200G on a Asus Prime B450-Pro? I have now 3GB with 16GB 2666 Hyper X DDR 4 Ram. When i put another 16GB Modules on the Motherboard so i can set up 4 or 6 GB Memory for the integrated Graphic chip?

Or is this limited?

thank you and bye bye

0 Likes
1 Solution

You can add 1000GB of System RAM to your motherboard but if your Motherboard only supports 3GB to be assigned to your Integrated Graphics that is the MAXIMUM and it can't be increased any more no matter how much System RAM you have installed.

But adding 32GB is still a good idea if you intend to run a lot of the latest Games. Actually from what I have read 16GB is sufficient for running most of the latest games. but doubling it to 32GB would be better as far as future proofing your PC in case you tend to upgrade in the future your GPU or CPU.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

You need to go into your Asus Motherboard BIOS Settings and see what is the Maximum amount of vRAM you can assign to your Integrated Graphics.

Most Motherboards in the past had a Maximum of vRAM of 2GB for the Integrated Graphics, but I believe the new Motherboards has a Maximum of 3GBs and possibly higher depending on the Motherboard.

Most likely 3GB is the maximum for your Asus Motherboard. So if you have 16GB of System Ram installed you will only have 13GB if you assign 3GB to the Integrated Graphics.

If you have the Minimum vRAM of around 512MB, Windows will automatically use whatever System Ram it needs to run whatever graphics program you are trying to run.

But by assigning 3GB to the Integrated Graphics will probably run the APU more efficiently and satisfy some programs that requires a minimum of 2GB GPU to be installed.

0 Likes

hello elstaci,

if i put 32gb or 64gb in could it be more then 3 gb vram?

0 Likes

You can add 1000GB of System RAM to your motherboard but if your Motherboard only supports 3GB to be assigned to your Integrated Graphics that is the MAXIMUM and it can't be increased any more no matter how much System RAM you have installed.

But adding 32GB is still a good idea if you intend to run a lot of the latest Games. Actually from what I have read 16GB is sufficient for running most of the latest games. but doubling it to 32GB would be better as far as future proofing your PC in case you tend to upgrade in the future your GPU or CPU.

0 Likes

Hello elstaci,

thank you -  this was my question. so i can put more then 16gb in the board but it does not change the vram into more then 3GB.

ok anyway.

i only have one problem: windows 10 prof will always want me to update the driver into an old one. but i did install the latest one from the amd radeon side.

how can i explain windows 10 to not install the oldest drivers always? i only figured this problem with the vega 8 chip, other cpus with external videocard will not have this issue.

thanks in advance .

0 Likes

If you have Windows 10 Pro you can disable Windows Update from installing any type of device driver under GROUP POLICY.

I did that a long time ago and in my case it does work. Windows never installs any drivers unless I tell it to under Windows Update.