Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

AlihanSahin
Adept I

Memory Code: 00 Error

Hello Everyone

I had to replace 3 units of 7950x and 1 unit of 7950x3D within approximately 7 months. All processors I received (except the first one) gave the same error within 1-2 days. After being checked by the warranty service, each one was confirmed as defective. The problem is the "memory code 00" error. They tested each individual PC component, and all of them are functioning correctly. However, even after purchasing closed-box processors four times, I am unable to resolve this issue even I got unopened, brand new cpu.

pc components:
x670e extreme
7950x3D
suprim x 4090
4x16 gskill Z5 6000mhz cl30 expo
z73 kraken 360
980 pro
thor 1200p2

The BIOS is updated, components are compatible, no issues with cabling, thermal paste is applied correctly, the CPU cooler is properly attached, and all PC components have been tested. I also sent the motherboard to the warranty service, and Asus insists that there is no issue with the motherboard according to their tests.

Occurrences of the error:

• During 3D modeling (within 30 minutes to several hours with random times)
  • Sometimes during stress tests (within a few hours)
  • While playing games (e.g., Diablo 4, Valorant, RDR2, etc.)
  • Even when not performing any tasks on the desktop, I still encounter the same error within a few hours.

I have visited all the forum websites, read threads from users facing similar issues, and couldn't find a proper solution or response. It seems like everyone is saying random things, attempting random fixes, or half of them remain unresolved. Is AMD aware of this issue? If they are aware, why isn't anything being done about it? Isn't there anyone at AMD who knows exactly what is causing this problem?

I've been unemployed for 7 months due to this PC problem, and my financial loss is increasing day by day. I have been unable to use a processor that I paid for, which is under warranty, for 7 months. It's insane.. Before initiating legal processes and turning it into a compensation case, I want to make sure I have tried every possible solution. I kindly request someone to please help or provide advice. Thank you.

0 Likes
12 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

AlihanSahin, this is a user forum and we seldom see an AMD employee, so we cannot tell what AMD is aware of. Please contact AMD Support here.

I have been building AMD based computers for some years and never had a Processor failure. I did RMA my processor one time but that did not cure my problem. On an RMA to the MB vendor they damaged my board. I returned it and they finally replaced it with the latest version, instead of repairing it, and I have had no issues since. If you have not replaced your MB yet, I strongly encourage to do so.

More things to consider: Running one stick of memory, then two...etc. Replacing memory. Power Supply? Maybe too low power? Post more information: Post Event Viewer errors reported.

Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hello John,

First of all, I want to thank you for responding and providing information.

They tested the RAM sticks one by one, and there was no issue. The power supply has never exceeded 70% of its capacity. I haven't done any overclocking or underclocking, and even the Expo feature was turned off. I will contact the motherboard manufacturers again, but the processors I sent are being approved as faulty in the RMA form. This makes me think that the processor is indeed faulty, and I might be very unlucky. I'm sharing the Event Viewer information: Kernel power 41.

Kind regards.

Screenshot 2024-01-08 192443.png

0 Likes

Thanks, AlihanSahin. Please post a screenshot of the Details tab. "...processors I sent are being approved as faulty...". So was mine but that was clearly not the problem. What is the power of your power supply? Please run Cinebench and post a screenshot and a SS at idle. It would be a good test to run with one stick for an hour or so, then two...etc. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I see. I will definitely reach to Asus tomorrow for MB. my psu power is 1200w (asus rog thor 1200p)
Also I will go with Cinebench tests and share the results tomorrow. Thank you again John. Aprreciate it.

Kind regards
I hope I did ss right
Screenshot 2024-01-08 203943.png

0 Likes

close one (just in case)
Screenshot 2024-01-08 204656.png

0 Likes

Thanks, AlihanSahin, you are very welcome. You have plenty of power supply! "bugcheckcode 0" may be saying the power just dropped out. Is it possible for you to borrow a PS? I would suggest you open a support ticket with ASUS on your power supply and see if they have seen this problem. They may be willing to RMA your PS. Good job on the SSs. Let me know on the vendor contacts. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

John, thank you very much for all your effort and time. I will do all these steps and I hope  its will be fixed at the end. I will let you know when they return my ticket. Thank you again.

Have a great day, kind regards, Alihan

0 Likes

Sounds like you have two sets of 2x16 6000mts for a total of 64gb of RAM Memory. I was trying to google your G-SKILL X5 6000mhz RAM to see if it was compatilbe or not.

I bet your issue is that those two sets are not compatible together. Went to Asus ROG CROSSHAIR X670e EXTREME QVL LIST for RAM and this is all the G-Skill that is listed: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-x670e-extreme-model/helpdesk_qvl_memor...

Screenshot 2024-01-08 153059.png

Notice there is no 4x16 64GB sets at G-SKILL.

At G-SKILL for the Trident Z5 there are no 4x16 64GB set of RAM Memory. Only 2x32 set of 64GB RAM Memory. Filtered the RAM with the following at G-SKILL: https://www.gskill.com/products/1/165/371/Trident-Z5-DDR5-Intel-XMP

Screenshot 2024-01-08 153723.png

I would try one set of 2x16 32GB of RAM to see that Memory Error occurs again. See if any of those sets at the above link are posted on Asus QVL List for RAM or not.

NOTE: Also possible EXPO might be causing your issue. Try disabling EXPO to see if the error occurs again.

Hello elstaci,

Yesterday I checked QVL list, but didn't realize the that problem. Thank you for enlightening me. I will try to 2 piece ram.  Expo was disabled when I got the error. But even its enabled, I got the same error as well. I will keep disabled.
Appreciate it Elstaci,

Kind regards

Hello elstaci,

I checked Ram problem. I tried 2 slot ram (2x16) and still got the same error. Tomorrow I borrow cpu and psu for eliminating the error source.

Kind regards

You may want to open a AMD SUPPORT - WARRANTY ticket to see if they believe you CPU might be causing that error from here and needs to be RMAed: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

If you live in the EU, then you automatically have a 2 year Warranty of your purchase from the EU Retailer.

0 Likes

Hello elstaci,

I've changed the CPU a total of 4 times. Two of them showed errors on the same day, and the current one started having issues after a few days of use. All of them were brand new processors. Today, I will connect the PSU and test it until I encounter an error. If I do get an error, I will continue the test with another processor.

I live in Turkey, and here, some products face difficulties in terms of replacements. Currently, the x670e extreme motherboard is not available to find in the entire country. Almost a year of my life has been wasted due to someone not doing their job properly, and I can't even find the person responsible. It's really unfortunate. If I can eliminate the PSU and processor as the causes, I will insist on replacing the motherboard to the best of my ability.

Thank you elstaci once again for your concern and time.

Kind regards.