cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

agent86
Journeyman III

Looking for a BGA stencil for an FX-8350

I have an FX 8350 that is missing 2 pins on the outer edge that seem to deal with memory.  I have been looking for the proper stencil for this cpu to replace the pins but finding it impossible. Anyone know for sure where to get the stencil ?

0 Likes
3 Replies

This company seems to sell various types of Stencils. Maybe they have what you are looking for: https://beamon.com/ 

The FX 8350 are not that expensive anymore. I found one at Newegg for $105.00.

Why do you need a stencil to reattach 2 broken pins on the processor?  Not familiar with repairing broken pins on a processor which is why I am asking.

By the way, AMD Warranty is voided if your processor has broken or bent pins on it.

0 Likes
agent86
Journeyman III

Thanks I will send them an email.  I live it canada and bought it used online and all the pins are perfect except 2 missing.  almost looks like they were never there.

0 Likes

agent86 wrote:

Thanks I will send them an email.  I live it canada and bought it used online and all the pins are perfect except 2 missing.  almost looks like they were never there.

Missing pins can be repaired if carefully soldered back into place. I have repaired a lot of electrical equipment over the years and while density has increased, the basic soldering is still present.

I fixed a few dead iPhones with damaged u2 (PM8018) chips. These are 6x6 BGA.

So to remove the device I had to heat the logic to be able to remove the damaged part. I prepped the pads with some rosin and placed a new improved u2 chip, warmed it up to melt the solder.

Reconnected the screen and the phone powered back up with a charger. Zero to rich with 10 minutes of work.

0 Likes