cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

skategod1992
Journeyman III

laptop - edc value goes to 100% is it normal

so i have a b45m0 pro mother board and a 500 smart series battery and a amd ryzan 5 2600 and a gtx 1660super for gpu and 16 gb ram and i have and needhelp so my edc goes to100% or th ryzan master andeverything thing else is normal my idle is anywhere from 38 % but when i play or watch movie jumps to 99% i just need to know if this is ook

0 Likes
4 Replies
Robbert
Adept III

Hey there - what are you trying to ask? Without punctuation this message is hard to follow. (At least for me)

Your CPU going up to 100% under load shouldn’t be a problem, though it’s odd that a movie would push it that far.

Or did you mean from 38C to 100C? If so, what kind of cooler do you use, and what is your airflow like in your case? (Type of case, case fans, airflow obstructions like drive cages and cable management)

0 Likes

ok so what iam doing is watching the movies in on web not a app and if i have no cooling take all fansi have fan that inside the blow with 2 fans up top that blows out and i have two fans in the front which blows up top to otheer two fans blows out air so i have two on top two in front and and one small find in the case.....um basically everytime i run the amd master like it jumps around when im idle anywhere from40 percent to 70 percent when i play games jumps to the 100 percent and like when i watch movies on google chrome jumps up as well i know in the bios i can disable on pricssion boost core when i turn that off the highest it goes to 80 % when playing high rated games i just need some info that can help me iam new when it comes to the whole pc thing i just hope nothing to worry about is all.....and my cpue temp is at 40c that it um im talking about the EDC thats in that amd master edc goes 99% when i  watches stuff of google chrome or play games but when im sitting there idle it goes down to 50 percent should i worry about this iam trying explain this as good as i can if there other question i answer solve this let me know my case is if i had to guess 14 inch tall 

0 Likes
lordgiblite
Journeyman III

If I'm reading everything correctly you're worried about the EDC value in Ryzen Master only. And when you are doing tasks ranging from just watching a video to gaming it goes from 40%-100%.

If that's the case and your CPU temps are below 50°C and there are slow downs to watch your doing, like lagging or something taking super long to open. Then you should be fine.

EDC from what I know is an indicator from your Motherboard about VRM voltage usage/potential. What motherboard do you have? That might tell us a lot of why you're seeing it 100% all the time, also that value being at 100% doesn't mean your maxing something on the CPU but rather it's getting as much as your board will offer.

Hope that helps and if anyone has more information please feel free to chime in I am in no way an expert on motherboard circuitry or CPU voltage usage.

0 Likes

so my motherbard is a b450m asrock

0 Likes