cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

arlingodwin
Journeyman III

Increasing RAM 64G to 128G on AMD Ryzen 9 5950X works...but causes internet to disconnect

Hi All

I bought a machine a couple of years ago from CPU Solutions...works great. Edited an award-winning short film on it...with 64G of RAM cutting 6K 12bit Raw footage it worked fine. But recently there has been talk of working on a full-length feature film so I thought it would be great to increase the RAM and I thought it would be very simple.

I was wrong.

I bought Crucial RAM --- 2kits totaling 128Gigs...recommended to me and sold to me by CPU Solutions...I installed them. Powered up. The computer recognizes the new increased RAM and shows it as 128Gigs.

But in about 2 to 3 minutes my internet disconnects. I am not using Bluetooth...rather have connected an Ethernet cable directly from the computer to the modem/route etc.

I've re-installed the sticks in random orders. I've updated everything I know to update...although NOT the BIOS. Just drivers...but the problem continues. 

If I remove the new RAM and put the old 64Gig sticks back in...everything is fine...no internet problems or disconnection.

CPU Solutions says that updating RAM shouldn't cause any trouble...but it clearly does.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Arlin Godwin / Washington, DC

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

arlingodwin, we need to know about your system. Please list all your parts and operating system. John.

0 Likes