cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

allankg
Adept I

I really need to get the clock of 4700s down

A friend of mine bought the 4700s kit and is having A LOT of problem with its boost. In a hot day it may reach 100°C (I don't remember if TCTL or TDIE, probably TCTL).

So, before going into the request, I'd like to say that NONE of the "power plan" related solutions worked. The CPU keeps reaching 4.0GHz even when I forced the max cpu frequency to show up in windows' power plan settings. It is not an option, please don't insist on it UNLESS you have already tested it ON a 4700s AND the max frequency got respected.

Now, the request : PLEASE, I'd like to know if there's any way to limit the CPU's frequency or even disable its boost.

I couldn't find any CPU cooler on the market that was compatible with it, and even if I had found one, I had suggested him this system due to the very low budget that he had, it wouldn't be of any use to just recommend him a water cooling solution or anything in the same tier.

Thanks in advance, I'm sorry to be here asking maybe for too much, since AMD probably does not give a single f for it (yes, I have already spent some days working on it, remotely on his computer). I could give you, Idk, $5 if you could pass me something to DECREASE the private heater of his (yes, I'm from a place where $5 is meaningful, if it is not for you, just disregard it).

I just tried to be nice indicating him something cost effective (and cheap) and now I have this problem and need to talk about it in an everyday basis.

P.S. : I was already sent to the warranty service, and he has another kit, with "lower" temps... yes, the other one had reached 118°C.

P.S.2 : Ryzen master utility does not work in this model... it shouldn't be called ryzen then.

P.S.3 : Yes, the system hangs very often when the thermal throttling is needed.

I've already been through a lot of embarrassment and remorse with this kit.

0 Replies