cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

TheIllusion
Journeyman III

I killed my PC with Ryzen Master?

I recently made a build and after installing windows and getting it to boot, I used Ryzen Master to try and undervolt the CPU, ran the optimizer and it gave me an offset of -41. But when I restarted my PC, it can't boot anymore. I tried resetting the UEFI Defaults and also reverting the Core Curve Value back to 0 but it didn't work. Any solutions or suggestions?

0 Likes
10 Replies

Have you tried 'clear CMOS'.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I'll try it as soon as I get back home, thanks for the input.

AMD Ryzen 5 7500F 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor 

Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler

ASRock B650M PG Lightning Wifi Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard 

TEAMGROUP T-Create Classic 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL48 Memory 

Lexar NM790 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME SSD 

XFX Speedster SWFT 309 Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB

Montech AIR 100 ARGB Micro ATX

MSI MAG A650BN

0 Likes

You can't kill your PC with undervolting...

I really hope so...
I tried resetting Windows to a point before the undervolt and it didn't work. 
Hopefully your solution works! I'm a uni student and will be away from home until tomorrow, I'll inform you back soon.

0 Likes

Things to consider when you troubleshoot.

Check if your board has this troubleshooting lights (top right corner), during boot they should all light up and then go off, which means all good for boot. If the CPU light stays on, then its the CPU.

johnnyenglish_0-1711979583084.png

However, you can't kill a CPU with insuficient voltage, think of like any other powered "thing". If you overvolt a fan, it will die, but if not enough voltage is applied, it will rotate slower until it stops due to "insuficient voltage".  (generally speaking)

Another thing. You mentioned "tried resetting Windows", did you get any windows graphical interface? If so, then the hardware should be fine.

Do the CMOS clear as suggested, enter safe mode, uninstall Ryzen Master and get back on normal boot.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

I did get a graphical interface, I could enter my PIN but it would immediately shut off after doing so. I tried resetting the CMOS with the pins but it didn't seem to work so I'm trying to figure out how to remove the GPU so I can access the CMOS battery. Hopefully this solves the issue. Also, the CPU lights do turn on during bolt and only turns off when entering the diagnosing stage, so the CPU seems to be the issue.

0 Likes

I removed the GPU, SSD, and CMOS battery for 5 minutes, but the problem still persists. I'll go to the store this Friday but I'm really working against the clock because it's ramadan soon, and all stores will close for 10 days...

0 Likes
akee
Adept II

Try reseating your CPU, memory, GPU and cables. Sometimes when we open the box, we bump things.

0 Likes
raquaez
Adept II

rest in peace [*]

0 Likes
akee
Adept II

:'(

0 Likes