cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mistersarlax
Journeyman III

I am making a pc with ryzen 5 3400g and a motherboard a320m-s2h gigabyte can I use the vga port of the motherboard with this processor?

145/5000
I am making a pc with ryzen 5 3400g and a motherboard a320m-s2h gigabyte can I use the vga port of the motherboard with this processor?
4 Replies

the motherboard has a converter on it so it's not a problem

0 Likes

You will need to make sure your bios on that board is F40 or later or it will not support your processor.

On the VGA question. Your CPU is actually and APU meaning it has graphics built in so yes the CPU supports it. The board does have single VGA D-SUB connector. If you need to hook up one monitor you are fine. If you need two connections say for a second monitor the product page literally says it does not support an adapter on the dvi-port. You would need a second monitor to support HDMI or DVI. 

This is the link to your product page for your board. It should hold any answer you need. 

GA-A320M-S2H (rev. 1.x) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global 

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

You will need to make sure your bios on that board is F40 or later or it will not support your processor.

On the VGA question. Your CPU is actually and APU meaning it has graphics built in so yes the CPU supports it. The board does have single VGA D-SUB connector. If you need to hook up one monitor you are fine. If you need two connections say for a second monitor the product page literally says it does not support an adapter on the dvi-port. You would need a second monitor to support HDMI or DVI. 

This is the link to your product page for your board. It should hold any answer you need. 

GA-A320M-S2H (rev. 1.x) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global 

AMD does not have VGA in any APU I know of for socket AM4. Boards with VGA have a small chip to convert signals which does the job of cables with converters in them.

0 Likes

The OP wanted to know if they can use a VGA monitor with this motherboard and yes they can as the board does have a D-Sub port. Already answered the OP properly. 

0 Likes