• Motherboard MSI B650 Tomahawk Wifi
  • 32 GB Kingston KF552C40-16
  • Case Corsair Carbide 300R
  • Power supply Corsair CS 750m 
  • 2x 140mm fans at front panel pushing in
  • 1x 140mm fan at side panel pushing in
  • 1x 140mm fan at top pushing out
  • 1x 120mm fan at rear pushing out

My earlier PC was an Intel i5 2500K with a Corsair A70 heatsink in the same case, using the same fans, I used to run it with a considerable overclock, and I didn't have temperature problem, normally it didn't exceed 80~85ºC, even doing a heavy load CPU usage.

Now, with this Ryzen I'm a little upset, I choose 7600 instead of 7600X, thinking about performance x TDP, Intel 2500K has a 95W tdp, and Ryzen 7600 is 65W. Normally I let my PC turned on 24 x 7, and since I'm using this Ryzen sometimes when I start to use the PC at morning, I realized that it has been restarted. As I know about windows update automatically restarts the PC, I never gave a **bleep**, but last week I was using the PC and it suddenly it restarted. A few minutes more using it and it restarted again. So I took a look at the temperatures and I got scared: it was peaking above 90º C, with a normal usage. These screenshots I took this morning, the temperature goes near 90º C, with a 63% peak usage.

Is it normal? If it get 90º C with 63% usage, when it peaks near 100% it will reach 95º C that is its Tjmax and restart, right? 

Any clue is getting so hot? Should I buy another CPU heatsink?

Regards,

Andrei

andreiluis_1-1711979775640.png

andreiluis_2-1711979839344.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

1. Use GD-2 as far i remmber it was slightly better than gd 007

2. If u want stock performance use undervolt using Ryzen master and Curve Optimizer less voltage iis better frequency and lower temps

3. As i read Corsair A70 is compatible with AM4 socket with standard AM4 bracket so there is big chance that it will work on AM5 stock bracket u need try it. If it wont work u can ask corsair for mounting kit for AM5 or AM5. for example im using my old cooler of Phanteks from1 2 years and i order AM4 bracket for AM5 and im using the cooler i used on intel 3570k

View solution in original post

6 Replies
nlel1975
Journeyman III

You can install Cinebench r23 and it will run all cores at 100% to see what happens to your CPU temps. It won't kill it but may throttle or restart. They've got protection built in nowadays.

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer, I ran Cinebench for 10 mins and the CPU temps went to 95 ºC in the first seconds, and keep like that untill the end of test.

I know the CPUs have a temp protection, but I'm still concerned about the high temp with normal use, but as @Balrogos says bellow, stock cooler will not do any better.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Balrogos
Adept I

Answer is simple STOCK Cooler

1. U can change for better thermal paste it will give 1-4C

2. Use Eco Mode

3. Undervolt 7600 can nicley undervolt using Curve Optimizer i have great unit and its -60CO

4. Change Cooler cause Corsair A70 (rated up to 150w TDP) is far better than any stock cooler. And stock cooler with 7600 is low end of low ends. And its rated to 65W so every thing is fine it can suck 65W of heat on 65w cpu under 100-110 Celsius

Also TDP in AMD is not same TDP in Intel. 

Red team example: Ryzen 7600, 65W TDP but can draw 88W by stock.

Blue team example: i5 13500, 65W TDP but can draw 100W+ by stock.

0 Likes

Hi @Balrogos , thanks for your answer.

1. I'll do this, I have GD007 and GD-2 thermal paste, the last one has a thermal conductivity 7.5 W/M-K, but 1 ~ 4 ºC is not the difference I'd like to gain, but, it's better than nothing. 

2 and 3. Understand your point, but work bellow stock performance is not an option for me, indeed, in the future I plan to overclock it! 

4. Do u know if A70 can be installed on AM5 at MSI Tomahawk B650 mobo?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

1. Use GD-2 as far i remmber it was slightly better than gd 007

2. If u want stock performance use undervolt using Ryzen master and Curve Optimizer less voltage iis better frequency and lower temps

3. As i read Corsair A70 is compatible with AM4 socket with standard AM4 bracket so there is big chance that it will work on AM5 stock bracket u need try it. If it wont work u can ask corsair for mounting kit for AM5 or AM5. for example im using my old cooler of Phanteks from1 2 years and i order AM4 bracket for AM5 and im using the cooler i used on intel 3570k

Thanks for your time Balrogos.