Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

MLXIX
Journeyman III

Help with RMA

Hello,

I've sent my 7950x3d for RMA, and I have seen that in the status page my Replacement Order is marked as completely processed, but I haven't received anything. No shipment, nor any kind of tracking / notification.

It's been a a few days since the status was updated as completely prprocessed. I have sent multiple support tickets and received very vague and ambiguous replies. They were trying really hard to NOT give me any kind of information. In my last reply support told me that a replacement will be sent the next day. The end of the week came and I haven't received anything yet again.

It's probably one of my worst RMA experiences. Everything feels very random and support seems like they don't even know what they are doing, giving ambiguous and contradictory info. Is there anything or someone I can contact about this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please contact AMD Support and quote your RMA number to check on the status.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
MLXIX
Journeyman III

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes

I guess u are in the US area? If so just contact them again via mail response or call them if that is an option.

0 Likes

Been a month since I did a rma of my 7950x3d, was told the warehouse has no stock every time I emailed them or called.

0 Likes
alast1r
Adept I

"No stock"

That's because maybe people's CPUs starting to die I'm here because my CPU stopped working for some reason I think that have something to do with the CPU burning cases... I'm so pissed what is going on with AMD I'm really so close to never buy again AMD I always supported AMD but the 7000 series is the worst **bleep** ever

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

In AMD's defense, all of the reports are indicating the board manufacturers involved didn't follow the guidlines outlined by AMD when they were sent. 

I am absolutely skipping this gen, but I haven't seen any report that this is solely AMD's fault. 

Every report I have seen is blaming crappy BIOS and lack of QA on the sides of motherboard manufacturers. 

Correct me if I am wrong. If this is somehow the chips fault I would really like to see the article.

Back to RMA stuff though, I have dealt with Gigabyte when I RMAd a board and a GPU. I hope AMD has a better turnaround time, and have heard some good stories about their RMA process. 

I would give them a call or email if you can.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please contact AMD Support and quote your RMA number to check on the status.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact

0 Likes

The status is "no stock"

0 Likes

What would be the process if I received my replacement and it is defective? The replacement will error out in small FFT tests at stock settings. There is also no hope to boot with 4800MT ram. All it can do is 3600MT, barely above DDR4 speed...

0 Likes

You would go through the same thing, request another rma. Hopefully it won't take 3 weeks.

0 Likes
007L2Kill
Journeyman III

Did you ever get your new CPU or any useful information as I am in the same boat, mine says completely processed for days and zero information, plus contacting via support for information is like asking anyone in the street for information on my RMA.

The replies I got was copy and paste with no chatting in the responses I got, I opened a new ticket thinking I get another person who knew what they was doing only for the same person to reply and guess what, he copy and paste the last reply I had from him days ago and I only opened another support ticket because he did not reply to my questions.

Yes, I completely agree this is the worst RMA I have ever done and its all down to the communication problems.

If it’s any help, my CPU was sent to the Neverlands.

0 Likes

Just thought I update my own post as I think it be useful for others who are in the same boat and wondering how on earth does the RMA work etc…

So, today I got an email saying my CPU replacement as been shipped, great! It even as a tracking number but no courier information, so I thought it must be DHL, but no it does not track on their site at all.

So, a email as been sent to my RMA ticket asking where I track my replacement CPU from, not holding my breath, but you never know.

0 Likes

I did get a replacement after 3 weeks and behold, it errors out in core cycler all stock settings. It can't even hold DDR5 standard 4800MT. It downclocks to 3600MT or it doesn't boot. Good job, AMD!

0 Likes

You did test with stock settings and without expo? Did you test with a single stick? Are u at least on AGESA 1.0.0.7A ?

0 Likes

Does 3600MT and 4800MT look like expo profiles to you? 4800MT is the JEDEC DDR5 standard...

I tried all bioses , 3 different RAM kits, different motherboards, used some friends' systems to test. AMD sucks. I will stick to other manufacturers which can make reliable products and software for it, no the band-aid beta BIOS and microcode AMD provides...
Never in my life have I seen less reliable hardware than this junk.

0 Likes

I know and relax dude, I just ask to CONFIRM cause no one is perfect. With ur rant, I simply guess that you don't seek any help anyway. Good luck with other vendors and have a great weekend.

By the way all my AMD system and all my Intel system works like a charm and if one of them has trouble I exchange the faulty part.....cause this can and will happen to every brand.

0 Likes